Jump to content

Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Daily MLB Banter

Recommended Posts

 
My son is a tried and true obsessive Marlins fan. 
He may be the only one.
Today is his Super Bowl, national championship, Xmas morning. All wrapped up in one. So I am very much hoping that the Marlins, having made the playoffs for the first time since 2003(!), and finished above .500 for the first time since 2008(!!), beat the dogshirt out of the Cubs.
Amen!
 

Stu, I like you and I’m pretty confident you’ve raised him right...

But I hope your guys’ celebration this year ends in 2 games. As a Cubs fan I can tell you he only knows the first thing about waiting for victory. Another few years (or decades) never hurt anyone!


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:


Stu, I like you and I’m pretty confident you’ve raised him right...

But I hope your guys’ celebration this year ends in 2 games. As a Cubs fan I can tell you he only knows the first thing about waiting for victory. Another few years (or decades) never hurt anyone!


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

 

I like you too Hinny--you are undoubtedly a quality person. However, your ill-conceived hopes for Cub celebration will be unfulfilled.

I know I also speak for the brilliant johnsoniu; as a diehard White Sox fan (a team on the fast rise, not a slow slide) I can say without hesitation that the Marlins are an unstoppable force that will create great sadness in Wrigleyville starting today (but I do hope that Schwarbs crushes it). 

In conclusion, I leave you with the ultimate baseball savant ... Andy:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Tigers fan, I'm celebrating that we're a year closer to the end of Miguel Cabrera's contract, we're finally done paying Prince Fielder and we can finally offload the godawful Jordan Zimmerman. 

 

 

Enjoy the playoffs, even if your team only made it because of the expansion. It'll be eons before my team ever gets back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

As a Tigers fan, I'm celebrating that we're a year closer to the end of Miguel Cabrera's contract, we're finally done paying Prince Fielder and we can finally offload the godawful Jordan Zimmerman. 

 

 

Enjoy the playoffs, even if your team only made it because of the expansion. It'll be eons before my team ever gets back. 

I had to look those up, they signed Cabrera to an 8 year extension in 2014 when he was on the wrong side of 30.  Fielder hasn't been with the Brewers in years and retired in 2016.  Who is running the show over there?

I shouldn't say much, my Yankees are paying Brett Gardner about 10 mil a year and he's a 4th OF at this point.  And let's not forget that awful ARod contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I had to look those up, they signed Cabrera to an 8 year extension in 2014 when he was on the wrong side of 30.  Fielder hasn't been with the Brewers in years and retired in 2016.  Who is running the show over there?

I shouldn't say much, my Yankees are paying Brett Gardner about 10 mil a year and he's a 4th OF at this point.  And let's not forget that awful ARod contract.

The Marlins paid Wey-in Chen $22 million this year to go away for good. It was last year of the 5 year, $80 million deal. During that five years, Chen's total Marlins stats during the $80 million contract were:

13-19 W/L

5.10 ERA

At least the Tigers and Yankees got a little sauce from the guys that eventually became overpaid.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

I had to look those up, they signed Cabrera to an 8 year extension in 2014 when he was on the wrong side of 30.  Fielder hasn't been with the Brewers in years and retired in 2016.  Who is running the show over there?

I shouldn't say much, my Yankees are paying Brett Gardner about 10 mil a year and he's a 4th OF at this point.  And let's not forget that awful ARod contract.

Mike Illitch threw every dollar he had at any veteran with a pulse, just wanting to see a championship before he died. Needless to say, it didn't work. 

 

I forgot to mention giving 35-year-old Victor Martinez a 4 year extension when his knees weren't even good enough to play in the field anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Rico said:

Cubs......ugh.

No kidding. I had a better chance of scoring on my high school dates then the Cubs do. 

Amazing they won the division with no offense and such a thin pen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RIP to one tough SOB.

And to someone who could have been a Hoosier. The story goes that Gibson wanted to play basketball at IU. But his high school coach was told in a letter by Branch McCracken (who, ironically, recruited the first Black player to IU): "We have already filled our quota of Negroes." 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×