Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Daily MLB Banter

I am a 55 year old White Sox fan.

When I was finishing middle school, the manager of the Chicago White Sox was Tony LaRussa.

As my kids are off to college and I turn 56, the new manager of the White Sox will be...

Tony LaRussa.

Will we sign Ron Kittle to play left field?

I am a 55 year old White Sox fan.
When I was finishing middle school, the manager of the Chicago White Sox was Tony LaRussa.
As my kids are off to college and I turn 56, the new manager of the White Sox will be...
Tony LaRussa.
Will we sign Ron Kittle to play left field?

I’d rather we bring back Nancy Faust

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I thought Theo would get us multiple championships. Still, one is better than none. I thought he'd stay one more year, but some big decisions loom and if he's not gonna be around beyond next year, he shouldn't be the one making them.  

He went all-in in 2016 and pretty much sold the farm to get Chapman and I suspect after 108 years without a title, it was worth it. From a die-hard Cubs fan of nearly 50 years, thank you, Theo! We'll always have 2016! ... 

4 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I thought Theo would get us multiple championships. Still, one is better than none. I thought he'd stay one more year, but some big decisions loom and if he's not gonna be around beyond next year, he shouldn't be the one making them.  

He went all-in in 2016 and pretty much sold the farm to get Chapman and I suspect after 108 years without a title, it was worth it. From a die-hard Cubs fan of nearly 50 years, thank you, Theo! We'll always have 2016! ... 

Yep Jed Hoyer is taking over.  I wouldn’t be surprised if Theo takes over the Phillies or has something with the Mets.  We are definitely blowing up the team this year.  

20 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Yep Jed Hoyer is taking over.  I wouldn’t be surprised if Theo takes over the Phillies or has something with the Mets.  We are definitely blowing up the team this year.  

I expect you are right, but the timing is poor. With COVID and the lousy recent seasons from "the core" not sure who has any trade value left. Bryant & Schwarber seem like the two most likely to move, but have the lowest trade value right now. Neither one even hit their weight :( 

Will be an interesting offseason. Some teams are looking to spend while others are claiming to wait it out longer to see what 2021 might look like. My Cardinals are sitting on their hands as usual.....

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

32 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Will be an interesting offseason. Some teams are looking to spend while others are claiming to wait it out longer to see what 2021 might look like. My Cardinals are sitting on their hands as usual.....

Wait let me guess, the Yankees are shopping? 

A lot of movement by teams non-tendering contracts and letting people go. Cards released a reliever who has been very steady the last 3 years, but was lost before the season due to Tommy John. Any team who picks up John Brebbia will be lucky, very good pitcher out of the pen!

27 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Cleveland is getting rid of the Indians name. Hopefully they took a little time to make up a new nickname and logos and we're not gonna have a year or more of the 'Cleveland Baseball Club/Team'.

That one's pretty easy to figure out, given the long arm of that state's largest university -- they'll become the Cleveland Buckeyes. 

3 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

George Springer reportedly signed with the Blue Jays last night. Big loss for the Astros. Big gain for the Jays. 

They've been in on every free agent per MLB reporters. Very nice signing for them. Will be a fun team to watch with that young core. The Yates signing I also think will be very good who flew under the radar with Hendricks and Hand out on the RP market.

5 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

George Springer reportedly signed with the Blue Jays last night. Big loss for the Astros. Big gain for the Jays. 

And now they've just signed another former Astro in Michael Brantley. Jays going all out this offseason.

Edit: Looks as if Blue Jay officials are pumping the breaks on the Brantley signing. Brantley was someone I wanted the White Sox to target in RF before they swooped Eaton.

Edited by kreigh8
Jumped the gun!

4 hours ago, kreigh8 said:

And now they've just signed another former Astro in Michael Brantley. Jays going all out this offseason.

Edit: Looks as if Blue Jay officials are pumping the breaks on the Brantley signing. Brantley was someone I wanted the White Sox to target in RF before they swooped Eaton.

Crap. I was really hopefully the Astros would retain 1 of those 2.