Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Hollowell & Etherington transferring..

Ok I will admit I am new to IU BB.  My kid is a freshman in Bloomington & I just hopped on the bandwagon (I am from Buffalo, NY so didn't really follow any college BB team before now)  Is is normal for this kind of turnover?  I get Noah going pro - although I was hoping he would stay one more year, but the rest leaving can I expect this kind of upheaval every year?  Thanks

I wouldn't call it normal. Due to the disappointing year and events that took place I wouldn't call it surprising.

Ok I will admit I am new to IU BB.  My kid is a freshman in Bloomington & I just hopped on the bandwagon (I am from Buffalo, NY so didn't really follow any college BB team before now)  Is is normal for this kind of turnover?  I get Noah going pro - although I was hoping he would stay one more year, but the rest leaving can I expect this kind of upheaval every year?  Thanks

no...  we lost some players(last year included) to the nba, had one kid who was homesick(reported by dorm mates he never left his room) and now have some players getting passed up on the charts.. it will level out. was avg transfer numbers till this year.

Some transfers are to be expected. It happens everywhere. We are on the high side though and possibly slipping into "No, this is not normal territory."

I don't think we need to be too concerned right now. It is something that the coaching staff and the administration should be thinking about and addressing internally, in my opinion.

No usually i would say at least not for Indiana. 

Excited to see what happens with Anthony Lee now. Crean appears to really want both Maten and Cunningham as well. These guys leaving, or supposedly leaving, really have yet to reach their full potential at IU and probably never will with the kind of talent in our 2013 and 2014 classes. I have to rationalize that this is still all a part of a program recovering...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="basketball4u" post="52596" timestamp="1395681572"]You can lead but they don't follow.

Sent from the gym using BtownBanners[/quote]

Sheehey was a leader. I didn't see that quality from AE on the court. Then again, I'm not at the practices or in the locker room either.

I think another thing to consider on the turn over the last two years is the quality of recruits Crean was able to pull in at first. The "movement" class Yogi aside has been disappointing.   imo, he took some guys early on whom he wouldn't take now. Some of those guys are getting passed by and going for greener pastures.

DING DING!

Hollowell is not a Crean fan. He got benched when Troy and Stan did not. With that said, Hollowell is lazy and probably wants to get out of spring workouts. But he has not expressed either way. After workouts today we will see who shows.

Sent from the gym using BtownBanners

Hollowell seems to fit more in the "Snoop Dog" crowd than the VO crowd.  

[quote name="theriverpilot" post="52610" timestamp="1395682232"]Sheehey was a leader. I didn't see that quality from AE on the court. Then again, I'm not at the practices or in the locker room either.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]
Yes this true but Will was a senior with I don't care, do what I say attitude and a part of the elite club from last year. Also Will is one the smartest players on the floor..

Sent from the gym using BtownBanners

[quote name="EvilleAngler" post="52597" timestamp="1395681647"]He's the one that said it was lacking.. not being ignored. [/quote]

People are saying in this thread these losses are no big deal. I am saying that to conclude that they are not big deals suggests we do not need veteran leadership. We had two guys leave last year and potentially two more now. All of these guys would be upperclassmen next year. All season we heard that we should not expect freshman and sophomores to do much. It seems that when guys could be upperclassmen they are recruited over and leave. So once again we are looking at one leader, yogi, and a bunch of freshman and sophomores.

Every year people freak out about our transfers and over-signings, and every year it works out. Water finds it's level. Look forward to what is to come. Yogi with another year of experience, Stan and Troy coming back better and stronger, HMP with another off-season of improvements hopefully even better than this last one, and JBJ choosing us over UK to come make it rain in the Hall. Lots of things to be excited about. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I think another thing to consider on the turn over the last two years is the quality of recruits Crean was able to pull in at first. The "movement" class Yogi aside has been disappointing.   imo, he took some guys early on whom he wouldn't take now. Some of those guys are getting passed by and going for greener pastures.

Yes, very true. But, the some of the guys who are getting passed over were the same level of recruit as some of the guys coming in. For whatever reason, the passed over guys didn't pan out as we had hoped. Obviously, we need to hope that the new guys do so that this doesn't continue.

[quote name="scottybower" post="52622" timestamp="1395683087"]Every year people freak out about our transfers and over-signings, and every year it works out. Water finds it's level. Look forward to what is to come. Yogi with another year of experience, Stan and Troy coming back better and stronger, HMP with another off-season of improvements hopefully even better than this last one, and JBJ decommiting from UK to come make it rain in the Hall. Lots of things to be excited about.

Finding level by missing the NIT, or the tourney? Just trying to gauge where your level of water sits on a regular basis...

[quote name="scottybower" post="52622" timestamp="1395683087"]Every year people freak out about our transfers and over-signings, and every year it works out. Water finds it's level. Look forward to what is to come. Yogi with another year of experience, Stan and Troy coming back better and stronger, HMP with another off-season of improvements hopefully even better than this last one, and JBJ decommiting from UK to come make it rain in the Hall. Lots of things to be excited about.

JBJ never committed to UK.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Every year people freak out about our transfers and over-signings, and every year it works out. Water finds it's level. Look forward to what is to come. Yogi with another year of experience, Stan and Troy coming back better and stronger, HMP with another off-season of improvements hopefully even better than this last one, and JBJ decommiting from UK to come make it rain in the Hall. Lots of things to be excited about.

To be fair, it really didn't work out this year. Agreed, there is no reason to freak out or panic, but we can't continue to have multiple transfers ever year from players who did see somewhat significant time on the court. Crean needs to figure out how to stop the bleeding in the future.