Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mr wing

Im so tired of all this negative talk

We had such incredible momentum as a program and it has unraveled something fierce. We don't have the recent successes to fall back on like UK or UNC when we have a bad year. I stand by my alma mater no matter what. Because its my alma mater as it is many others I feel the right to discuss my frustrations with fellow Hoosiers versus venting to the general public.

We had such incredible momentum as a program and it has unraveled something fierce. We don't have the recent successes to fall back on like UK or UNC when we have a bad year. I stand by my alma mater no matter what. Because its my alma mater as it is many others I feel the right to discuss my frustrations with fellow Hoosiers versus venting to the general public.

Your last statement is why I love places like this so much. People are going to look for a place to vent their frustrations, and this gives them a place to do so anonymously, and they aren't taking to social media and trying to say some really negative things to the team. I don't care for some of the over the top stuff that gets said here, but it is better placed here than other places

Your last statement is why I love places like this so much. People are going to look for a place to vent their frustrations, and this gives them a place to do so anonymously, and they aren't taking to social media and trying to say some really negative things to the team. I don't care for some of the over the top stuff that gets said here, but it is better placed here than other places

Yeah, people are too sensitive too it. It can become mindless, numbing drivel from some users, but I'd much rather it be here than Facebook, twitter, espn.com etc.....

I was enraged when I saw the guys tweet to Marvin Clark. So completely classless. I am scared to check twitter now.

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="48965" timestamp="1395025528"]Yeah, people are too sensitive too it. It can become mindless, numbing drivel from some users, but I'd much rather it be here than Facebook, twitter, espn.com etc.....

I was enraged when I saw the guys tweet to Marvin Clark. So completely classless. I am scared to check twitter now.[/quote]

My god you see some of the stuff people tweet at crean? If I was crean I would just delete my twitter.

Yeah, people are too sensitive too it. It can become mindless, numbing drivel from some users, but I'd much rather it be here than Facebook, twitter, espn.com etc.....

I was enraged when I saw the guys tweet to Marvin Clark. So completely classless. I am scared to check twitter now.

Yeah I saw that tweet. It just blew my mind that people would go to those lengths, but as with all of the social media stuff we have right now it is so easy to post what is immediately on your mind. Then more than likely immediately regret doing so

[quote name="KingPG21" post="48969" timestamp="1395025673"]Yeah I saw that tweet. It just blew my mind that people would go to those lengths, but as with all of the social media stuff we have right now it is so easy to post what is immediately on your mind. Then more than likely immediately regret doing so[/quote]

I doubt people regret it. This is the Internet. No one has any repercussions of what they say.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using BtownBanners mobile app.

I doubt people regret it. This is the Internet. No one has any repercussions of what they say.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using BtownBanners mobile app.

Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't regret it, though kind of wish people would. I know I've had my slip ups and immediately regretted saying what I've said. 

I have been an IU fan for a very long time, (one of the advantages of age) I remember a good man named Lou Watson who couldn't coach, Mike Davis and Bracey Wright all but kill the interest in the program, Kelvin Sampson cheat IU into oblivion, and Dan Dakich's ego and mean spirit chase away what was left. I ranted at Bobby Knight from at least 5 different states, and now I get to watch CTC recruit really good athletes and not know what to do with them, and you think I shouldn't vent my frustration? I am basically a civil guy, so I won't retort to that idea with the same language I'd use in private, but I am going to vent and if that makes me less of an IU fan in your eyes, I guess I'll just have to learn to live with your disappointment.

Pete DiPrimio Fort Wayne News & Sentinel continues to cut to the chase.
Great article.
"IU Basketball Certainty - This Can't Happen Again"
http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140317/SPORTS/140319664

This somes up my sentiments that Crean has done a wonderful job at everything but one(won). We could get into the scheduling, etc... but March results would keep us from discussing these. Now, it's pile on time from from many that are certainly not as informed as most here. What else needs to be discussed? Sub patterns?

This was what Coach said on Twitter last night:
"We would have loved to be able to keep playing. Our determination and confidence was high. Our desire to improve has been strong."
I love the Hoosiers and have supported Coach Crean but, if he believes this, we are in bigger trouble than I thought.
Specifically... Determination, Confidence and desire to improve has been strong. Did anyone else see results of that?
I saw dysfunction on the floor of a poorly coached team that lacked fundamentals.
Believe me, that's not anywhere near what I or any Hoosier fan wanted to see this year.
I still think this malaise started the last 4/5 games of last year.... But WHY?
(Sorry for long post. Frustrated to the MAX!)

[quote name="Geometry Hoosier" post="49107" timestamp="1395064325"]If people want to question coach I'm fine with that. He gets paid big bucks to put a winning team on the court. What drives me nuts is when people rip our players. To hear someone say "why is ole so and so in there, he sucks" is classless and should never be said! How would you feel if that was your boy getting ripped? I had a guy at a sixth grade volleyball game yell out "hit it to #2". Guess who # 2 was...yep, my daughter. She wasn't having a very good game, but I didn't need this guy yelling it around the gym. So I got up, walked over to their side and sat right by him. I didn't have to say a thing he knew exactly why I was there! My point to this story is, don't say anything about the players you wouldn't say in front of their family. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

Feel bad that happened, but it is a good story to put this stuff in perspective. They are just kids playing a game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This was what Coach said on Twitter last night:
"We would have loved to be able to keep playing. Our determination and confidence was high. Our desire to improve has been strong."
I love the Hoosiers and have supported Coach Crean but, if he believes this, we are in bigger trouble than I thought.
Specifically... Determination, Confidence and desire to improve has been strong. Did anyone else see results of that?
I saw dysfunction on the floor of a poorly coached team that lacked fundamentals.
Believe me, that's not anywhere near what I or any Hoosier fan wanted to see this year.
I still think this malaise started the last 4/5 games of last year.... But WHY?
(Sorry for long post. Frustrated to the MAX!)

He got ripped on Twitter for that too.

A season ending like that isn't a time for his BS PR political speeches.

He got ripped on Twitter for that too.

A season ending like that isn't a time for his BS PR political speeches.

some ripped on him, some defended him...

and to be honest, those that were ripping had the distinct look of a troll about their aura...

or as Rick Pitino says, they didn't pass the eye test...

actually they were downright distasteful.