Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KelleyHoosh

Who would you hire to replace CTC?

In an effort to simplify this thread, I am submitting a summary list of the....

Top Fourteen Coaching Prospects For IU Men's Basketball:

1) The ghost of Branch McCracken

2) Tijan Jobe

3) Craig T. Nelson

4) Ken Howard

5) Richard Simmons

6) Brad Stevens

7) World Wide Wes

8) Lou Henson's barber

9) Floyd the Barber

10) Martha the Mop Lady

11) Norman Schwarzkopf

12) Gene Hackman

13) Lee Corso

14) Pat Knight

[quote name="Oladipo" post="56448" timestamp="1396273312"]Seth Greenberg...?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners[/quote]

Good coach but IMO not an upgrade over Crean. His teams often struggled to make the NCAAs. Really a lateral move. I wouldn't be excited over it

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

In an effort to simplify this thread, I am submitting a summary list of the....

Top Thirteen Coaching Prospects For IU Men's Basketball:

1) The ghost of Branch McCracken

2) Tijan Jobe

3) Craig T. Nelson

4) Ken Howard

5) Richard Simmons

6) Brad Stevens

7) World Wide Wes

8) Lou Henson's barber

9) Floyd the Barber

10) Martha the Mop Lady

11) Norman Schwarzkopf

12) Gene Hackman

13) Lee Corso

I can't believe you left off Pat Knight.

Good coach but IMO not an upgrade over Crean. His teams often struggled to make the NCAAs. Really a lateral move. I wouldn't be excited over it

He coached at VT. Really difficult to be successful at that school. Especially with its reputation as a "football school," AND the tough conference they are in.

Idk man, Floyd the Barber can be kind of a pushover. I would like to write in Coach Carter if I may.

I say Sgt. Carter instead! I CAN"T HEAAAAAAR YOOOOOOOOOOOOU!!!!!

[quote name="djsalway" post="56474" timestamp="1396278967"]He coached at VT. Really difficult to be successful at that school. Especially with its reputation as a "football school," AND the tough conference they are in.[/quote] True, his conference made it tough but he was at VT at a time that UVA was very low and failed to take advantage of all the talent in the Virginia/Maryland area. Look no further than our own conference for "football schools" that succeed in basketball. Wisconsin is in the final four, ohio state is always good at both, UMich is a football school that was national runner up last year and Elite 8 this year. I want our next coach to be one with a record of not only reaching the NCAAs, but succeeding there. A big fish hire. I don't think Greenberg is that, though he is a good coach Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Bethel's Lightfoot to be feted By GREG KEIM 03/31/2014 2:50 AM

GOSHEN — A local basketball legend will be honored on Sunday, April 6 during the NCAA Final Four in Dallas, Texas.

Mike Lightfoot, Bethel College men’s basketball coach, will be recognized at the AT&T Guardians of the Game Awards Show.

This event features and honors the top players and coaches in all of men’s college basketball. Lightfoot will be honored for becoming the 18th quickest coach in all of basketball to reach 700 career wins. The evening will also feature the presentation of the 2014 Naismith Trophy given to the nation’s most outstanding player as well as appearances by the coaches in the NCAA Championship Game.

Guardians of the Game is a national awareness and education program led by the National Association of Basketball Coaches. The goal of the program is to focus attention on the positive aspects of basketball and the role coaches play in the lives of student-athletes, in addition to the contributions coaches make to their communities.

The Guardians of the Game program emphasizes four core values: Advocacy, Leadership, Service and Education.

Bethel College President Jim Bennett hired Lightfoot to replace Homer Drew.

Lightfoot, former Bethel player, was coaching the varsity boys team at Mishawaka Marian High School prior to his Bethel job.

Impressive for a 'meager' NAIA coach!

GOSHEN — A local basketball legend will be honored on Sunday, April 6 during the NCAA Final Four in Dallas, Texas.

Mike Lightfoot, Bethel College men’s basketball coach, will be recognized at the AT&T Guardians of the Game Awards Show.

This event features and honors the top players and coaches in all of men’s college basketball. Lightfoot will be honored for becoming the 18th quickest coach in all of basketball to reach 700 career wins. The evening will also feature the presentation of the 2014 Naismith Trophy given to the nation’s most outstanding player as well as appearances by the coaches in the NCAA Championship Game.

Guardians of the Game is a national awareness and education program led by the National Association of Basketball Coaches. The goal of the program is to focus attention on the positive aspects of basketball and the role coaches play in the lives of student-athletes, in addition to the contributions coaches make to their communities.

The Guardians of the Game program emphasizes four core values: Advocacy, Leadership, Service and Education.

Lightfoot, former Bethel player, was coaching the varsity boys team at Mishawaka Marian High School prior to his Bethel job.

Are you related to him or something? Geez.

People argued that the leap is much more difficult than you are making it out to be. Nobody really called him meager. 

Being a coach myself, I've always been impressed by those who teach well and get the most from the least.
Gene Keady was very good at that as well.
Just nice to see a vastly overlooked coach get the recognition he deserves. Let see what comes of this story in months to come.

with Cuonzo bound for Marquette I think you're going to see Dave Hart make it known he is targeting Gregg Marshall only to be turned down quite publicly

Marshall is not going to just jump on the first gig he can get with this new supply of leverage in his corner

"people need to realize that Eddie Fogler and Marshall are boys and that Fogler considers IU the best job in the country. He has very very close ties to IU that might not be so apparent to the public

we're either turning the ship around this year or we're rocking out with Gregg freaking Marshall

book it"

Great, I can't wait to hire the guy who lost to Kentucky as our head coach...

with Cuonzo bound for Marquette I think you're going to see Dave Hart make it known he is targeting Gregg Marshall only to be turned down quite publicly

Marshall is not going to just jump on the first gig he can get with this new supply of leverage in his corner

"people need to realize that Eddie Fogler and Marshall are boys and that Fogler considers IU the best job in the country. He has very very close ties to IU that might not be so apparent to the public

we're either turning the ship around this year or we're rocking out with Gregg freaking Marshall

book it"

Great, I can't wait to hire the guy who lost to Kentucky as our head coach...

Our current coach has lost to UK 4 times since he's been here, including once in the tournament.