Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
TheWatShot

Post-game thread

I really feel sick to my stomach for the guy. Can't imagine how he feels about this season as a whole. Especially the end of it. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I like Will a lot also. He did start to come on towards the end of the year. However, he had some bonehead momentum killing TO's of his own today. Sad.

I'm tired of the "this is a young team" excuse. Do you see other teams freshman toss the ball all over the arena??? IU had the highest amount of TOs than all the other big conference schools. Unacceptable!!

Vonleh is gone gone gone to the NBA. Will be a lottery pick. Why come back when IU cannot feed the post??

I think we will be better next year, I like seeing the development of SR and TW. I like the little we have seen from DD. Yogi will improve too. He just needs to learn to not pound the ball into the floor so long. Needs more ball movement.

[quote name="IU Hoosier41" post="47193" timestamp="1394744644"]The only thing worse than the final score... Was sitting in front of this lady... ALL. GAME. LONG... [url="http://instagram.com/p/lf0W2YEhbo/"]http://instagram.com/p/lf0W2YEhbo/[/url]

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

I feel for you. Those fans are the WORST types of fans.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="IU Hoosier41" post="47186" timestamp="1394744071"]If I were him, I'd look at the fact I played quite a bit over the last 4-5 games of the season, and get excited that there are going to be plenty of minutes for me moving forward over te next 3 years.

Or... I could hold a grudge that I didn't play much as a freshman, transfer and not play at all for an entire season, then maybe play and earn minutes on a new team....

Come on guys... you can't be serious on that one!

Or he could be like "I played my best for a half and still sat the bench for a mediocre team in the second". He's a teenager. Gotta think like one

[quote name="BlueDevil2aHoosier" post="47201" timestamp="1394746486"]I thought Johnson's buzzer beater was going in[/quote]

Same. And I was in the Purdue bar. That would've been fun...

Will had 3 really great seasons at IU plus the last 5 games. All season he looked like a kid that missed his buddies. Fact is we all miss Victor, Cody, Christian, Jordy, and Elston. Will Sat back and let everyone rely on Yogi and Noah, last few weeks you saw a kid that the end was near. Had he gave us that effort all season we are in the tourney.

Sent from my LG-E980 using BtownBanners mobile app

[quote name="Hwy 1" post="47196" timestamp="1394745017"]As an unabashed sunshine pumper I'd like to tell you guys that we need to look on the bright side. This summer will be great! There will be constant Crean bashing. They'll say Crean sucks! Fire Crean! Bob Knight never lost! Crean can't coach! Crean has goofy hair! Crean can't adapt! Crean can't develop players! Fire Crean! Hire Stevens! We have an entire summer to look forward to all those things and more over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over again. As Flounder would say...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arZdeg_fL-I[/quote]

Don't forget Crean looks like Dwight Shrute.

[quote name="Geometry Hoosier" post="47168" timestamp="1394739625"]He didn't get many minutes until recently.

There's a reason for that. He wasn't very good, and he's still not that good. He's better than the alternatives, but we shouldn't act like he's already a stud.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree this team doesn't do a good job of getting big men the ball, but if Noah were better at getting good position and better in general offensively, he'd probably get the ball more.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Don't forget Crean looks like Dwight Shrute.

Well, that's what the goofy hair comment was about. It was cryptic. I like to keep my vast and adoring audience on their toes. ;)

Well, that's what the goofy hair comment was about. It was cryptic. I like to keep my vast and adoring audience on their toes. ;)

All three of the appreciate it. ;)

Oh well. I thought we were turning the corner to reestablish ourselves as an elite program. The past 2 years were big steps towards that. This season is a gigantic step backwards and other mediocre programs gained on us. I hope in my lifetime we can achieve being an annual tourney team without question and NCAA contender every 2 years or like the big boys.

I am very fascinated to see who transfers and who we sign. It will tell us a lot about the inner turmoil all season. Every inkling is Hollowell was a big factor in this. Dakich said so, ND kendrick predicted major roster moves, and Hollowells 3 game hiatus are all hints. Shame is I think we could use him if he bought in. I would rather replace a nonfactor type player, but time will tell.