Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

Hanner Perea arrested

Wow, did you see what time he was booked? At this time of morning only cops, convicts and drunks are out. Someone shouldn't have let him drive. Plus, I bet he wasn't planning on getting up early to work on his game at Cook Hall. So much for curfew and/or bed checks.

[quote name="Seanmccauley3" post="38346" timestamp="1392389922"]Just dumb I understand boozing after a loss like that and when the season is going South fast, but at least have the decency to get a sober friend to drive you

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

I don't think anyone was willing to drive his ass at 4:45 in the morning on a week night/morning.

It's going to be interesting to see what Crean does with this. Earlier in the season, when 3 players (ALLEGEDLY) failed a drug test, nothing was made public and things must have been dealt with internally with the exception maybe of Jeremy. This, on the other hand, is public and I think Crean will have to put the hammer down to save face with the boosters. I searched for rules and regulations for this type of thing a few months back and couldn't find any NCAA guidelines at all for suspensions dealing with drug and alcohol offences. It looks like each program gets to police itself. NOTE: This post was edited by IU Hoosier41 to include allegedly, as this was only rumored, and never confirmed.

I used to live right by where he was arrested

sad panda over here

so not only has Perea failed to develop like we all had hoped, he's got this arrest on his record

thank god for Yogi or the movement would be so whack

It's going to be interesting to see what Crean does with this.  Earlier in the season, when 3 players failed a drug test, nothing was made public and things must have been dealt with internally with the exception maybe of Jeremy.  This, on the other hand, is public and I think Crean will have to put the hammer down to save face with the boosters.  I searched for rules and regulations for this type of thing a few months back and couldn't find any NCAA guidelines at all for suspensions dealing with drug and alcohol offences.  It looks like each program gets to police itself.

there are likely conference guidelines but the NCAA doesn't concern itself with this stuff unless it is a failed test that they were administering

[quote name="Indymike7" post="38355" timestamp="1392391333"]It's going to be interesting to see what Crean does with this. Earlier in the season, when 3 players failed a drug test, nothing was made public and things must have been dealt with internally with the exception maybe of Jeremy. This, on the other hand, is public and I think Crean will have to put the hammer down to save face with the boosters. I searched for rules and regulations for this type of thing a few months back and couldn't find any NCAA guidelines at all for suspensions dealing with drug and alcohol offences. It looks like each program gets to police itself.[/quote]

Allegedly failed a drug test*** That was a rumor put on here by one person. No proof of any kind.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It's going to be interesting to see what Crean does with this.  Earlier in the season, when 3 players failed a drug test, nothing was made public and things must have been dealt with internally with the exception maybe of Jeremy.  This, on the other hand, is public and I think Crean will have to put the hammer down to save face with the boosters.  I searched for rules and regulations for this type of thing a few months back and couldn't find any NCAA guidelines at all for suspensions dealing with drug and alcohol offences.  It looks like each program gets to police itself.

There was one rumor, a rumor that came from a second hand source. Also the only player who was mentioned was DD, and he played in that timespan that JH sat out, so the rumor doesn't exactly line up or make sense. 

"According to lieutenant Craig Munroe of the IU Police Department, Mosquera-Perea was stopped at 3:11 a.m. at the 1200 block of E. Atwater Street. Officer Kyle Mulden got behind Mosquera-Perea's vehicle at the corner of Third Street and Dunn Street. The vehicle had its left turn signal on, which was an issue because the vehicle would have been turning into oncoming traffic on a one-way street. The vehicle began to take a left turn but corrected itself. It did, however, strike a the northside curb where Dunn Street curves and becomes E. Atwater. Monroe said the vehicle continued to swerve in and out of its lane and struck the curb a second time. That was when officer Mulden initiated the traffic stop. After a field sobriety test, it was determined that Mosquera-Perea was impaired. His blood alcohol content was tested and found to be over .15 and he was formally charged with Operating While Intoxicated-Endangerment."

http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/

I am aware that you believe that there were 3 failed drug tests, and I have no reason to believe that you are being less than truthful. You might well have inside knowledge of this. However, I am going to caution everyone that I have never yet seen anything corroborating this. Not saying its wrong, not getting on your case, just making it clear that before its treated as the gospel truth I think there needs to be something more than a anonymous post to verify that info. Also, I'm not sure, but I think privacy laws would prohibit the results of a drug test from being made public. 

I think that is pretty much accurate.

[quote name="schoosier" post="38343" timestamp="1392389707"]Wow, did you see what time he was booked? At this time of morning only cops, convicts and drunks are out. Someone shouldn't have let him drive. Plus, I bet he wasn't planning on getting up early to work on his game at Cook Hall. So much for curfew and/or bed checks.[/quote]

He was actually pulled over at 3am. It takes awhile to book you so the 4:45am time was when he was officially booked into the jail. I'm not condoning his behavior, but a DUI at 3am is probably all too common in Btown given when the bars close.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners