Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Luke Fischer leaving IU

I'm disappointed that he's decided to leave. It's easy to forget these are just kids. All college freshman get homesick, but it's not like He doesn't know the distance between Wisco and Btown. Best of luck to him. Go Hoosiers !

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It sure didn't help the situation that Luke played his best half of ball in the first half of his last hame.  Then he gets to sit and watch Jeff Howard come off the bench ahead of him and do nothing.  Seems like a nail in the coffin to me.

It sure didn't help the situation that Luke played his best half of ball in the first half of his last hame.  Then he gets to sit and watch Jeff Howard come off the bench ahead of him and do nothing.  Seems like a nail in the coffin to me.

What? In the last game Luke played 19 minutes, and Jeff Howard played 2 minutes. All reports are this doesn't really have to deal with playing time, or Jeff Howard getting more playing time (which hasn't happened, he has one game all season where he has been on the court more), which I have seen mentioned a few places. I really wish I knew where the Jeff Howard stuff is coming from. 

Some people can't accept that an 18 year old kid can be a little unstable, and need a direction to vent their frustrations.  For some, it's blaming the parents, for others, it's blaming the coach (in any situation), for others still, it's Jeff Howard, lol.

Heard from two people all signs indicate Wisconsin will be where he goes, as some have speculated.

i dont know why he would do that though, from what i heard you have to pay your own way if you transfer in conference, and he would have to sit out a year. Ive also heard (i know its getting old hearing that right now lol) that coach may have made it so he cant go to wisky in this situation. Its all hearsay right now any ways it could  be anything i guess.

[quote name="IUfan_Charlie" post="26212" timestamp="1388458663"]If anyone other than Jurkin or Etherington transfers something is going on with the coaching staff, JMO. This one doesn't seem to be about Crean but there have been an abnormally large amount of transfers in the recent years: [color=rgb(51,51,51)][font='Helvetica Neue'][background=rgb(245,245,245)]Malik Story, Nick Williams, Bobby Capobianco, Bawa Muniru, Remy Abell, Maurice Creek, and now Luke Fischer have all left during Creans tenure. (Not including Matt Roth). [/background][/font][/color][/quote]
I don't think you should include Creek in this. Not in the same boat as the others.

If anyone other than Jurkin or Etherington transfers something is going on with the coaching staff, JMO. This one doesn't seem to be about Crean but there have been an abnormally large amount of transfers in the recent years: Malik Story, Nick Williams, Bobby Capobianco, Bawa Muniru, Remy Abell, Maurice Creek, and now Luke Fischer have all left during Creans tenure. (Not including Matt Roth).

Wouldn't Mo be closer to being in the same boat as Roth, rather than the other guys? With the serious injury history/issues

[quote name="KingPG21" post="26253" timestamp="1388503419"]Wouldn't Mo be closer to being in the same boat as Roth, rather than the other guys? With the serious injury history/issues[/quote]
Yup exactly. I do think be was interested in finding a place to play more though. Roth just wanted to stay.

From what I can tell, playing time wasn't an issue.  I would guess (and this is no inside information AT ALL) that it comes down to one of three factors:

1 - He doesn't like the uptempo style of the Hoosiers and wants to become more of a true post player

2 - He is homesick and wants to be closer to home (See Marquette)

3 - He wasn't happy here, wants to find a situation that will make him happier.

At the end of the day, I think it hurts this team that Fischer is no longer around.  I think he was really going to help us and be a SOLID 4 year player.  That is tough to swallow looking at our frontline.  That being said, if Luke wasn't thrilled to be a Hoosier, then I hope he finds somewhere that makes him happy.  It's only a game for us, this is his life.  Wish the kid well, and the next guy will just have to step up.  Now we get to be excited about who we will recruit to replace him!  

The College Basketball news cycle goes full circle now a days.  Who do we go after?

Very, very well said.  I was a Luke Fischer fan, and hated to see him go.  However, he has to do what he thinks is best.  Some kids just aren't cut out for going far away from home.  I hope he finds a program that works best for him.

IU is now in a tougher place because Luke was really starting to play well.  We needed him, but Hanner is going to get a lot more minutes.  Hollowell may be getting time at the 5 as well.  IU will be fine, but it will hurt.

Just got an email confirming this. It sucks, but it is what it is. All we can do is go forward from here, but next season, IUBB will still be a force to be reckoned with.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using BtownBanners mobile app

[quote name="jdailey1981" post="26288" timestamp="1388508501"]Just got an email confirming this. It sucks, but it is what it is. All we can do is go forward from here, but next season, IUBB will still be a force to be reckoned with.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using BtownBanners mobile app[/quote]

Confirming what? Did I miss something? Or just confirming that Fischer is gone?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just got an email confirming this. It sucks, but it is what it is. All we can do is go forward from here, but next season, IUBB will still be a force to be reckoned with.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using BtownBanners mobile app

What....we're not official enough for you!?!??!  :)  :103:

i dont know why he would do that though, from what i heard you have to pay your own way if you transfer in conference, and he would have to sit out a year. Ive also heard (i know its getting old hearing that right now lol) that coach may have made it so he cant go to wisky in this situation. Its all hearsay right now any ways it could  be anything i guess.

The B1G changed their rule.  He can transfer in conference now and receive aide, but he has to sit out the year of eligibility and he also loses that year.