Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

James Blackmon Rumors

Haha -  a post on a KenSucky site basically says Blackmon will go to Indiana and has always wanted to go to Indiana.  The reason he decommited in the first place was so the national media would pay attention to him and help him build his brand.  Before he was mentioned with Kentucky, nobody had ever heard of him.  Now that people know who he is, he'll commit back to Indiana.

Now that's some funny stuff.

I want him to don the Candy Stripes badly but your UK comment is off base.  His father was an All-American at UK.  My Wildcat buddies all still love his dad, he wouldn't just fill a uniform there.  With that being said, he'd look and shoot a helluva lot better in Assembly Hall  :nyam:

Can't argue, but there is a big difference from then and now.  Back then, players left legacies because they stayed until their Senior season mostly.  In today's world, college is just a stepping stone for the elite high school prospects (for the most part).  What legacy did DeMarcus Cousins, Unibrow, MKG, Teague leave?  All were very good players, but he would be a lot more loved at IU than UK.  I feel Eric Gordon still gets a lot more love than what those guys will get from UK fans now. 

Just my opinion, and yes, I do put up with Kensucky fans.  I'm from Southern Illinois, they were around too much!

Can't argue, but there is a big difference from then and now.  Back then, players left legacies because they stayed until their Senior season mostly.  In today's world, college is just a stepping stone for the elite high school prospects (for the most part).  What legacy did DeMarcus Cousins, Unibrow, MKG, Teague leave?  All were very good players, but he would be a lot more loved at IU than UK.  I feel Eric Gordon still gets a lot more love than what those guys will get from UK fans now. 

Just my opinion, and yes, I do put up with Kensucky fans.  I'm from Southern Illinois, they were around too much!

Me too bud, Fairfield myself.  Lots of Illini and UK fans.  Not enough of us Hoosiers here!!!!  I am pumped for tonights announcement and hope the best for JBJ either way.  We are going to be really good this year and next year no matter what.

Me too bud, Fairfield myself.  Lots of Illini and UK fans.  Not enough of us Hoosiers here!!!!  I am pumped for tonights announcement and hope the best for JBJ either way.  We are going to be really good this year and next year no matter what.

Oh wow, I'm from Mt. Carmel! :)  Maybe we know each other haha

NDKendrick just went 0/1 on his two picks for today.  Was the only person on Crystal Ball to say he was going to Tennessee...  Looney went to UCLA.   Kendrick is the only one w/ Blackmon to Indiana...

Looney's last official was to UCLA, like Goodluck's was UNLV (and didn't Goodluck cut his UNLV visit short?).

Kendrick did say he'd be wrong on both his picks today.

Nice, good luck in the playoffs.  I know Gary Stoltz from MtC, we both have a mutual friend.  The owner of MidWay Package in Fairfield. Also pumped that Buss is bringing her skills to B'town next year, she is extremly fun to watch play.

Nice, good luck in the playoffs.  I know Gary Stoltz from MtC, we both have a mutual friend.  The owner of MidWay Package in Fairfield. Also pumped that Buss is bringing her skills to B'town next year, she is extremly fun to watch play.

Oh I know Gary.  His son was my age and we played sports together.  I know a lot of the Musgraves and others.  Tyra is something else, by far the best athlete in her family.  I played sports with her oldest brother. 

Mtc is almost always good in football.  I don't get to keep up with them much since I'm out here in St. Louis. Here's to Blackmon either coming to IU, or not UK!

I have to say all of this hype makes me even more nervous. Ever since I saw that Kendrick switched his pick, I've been freaking out all day. If he comes to IU, I'd be surprised. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Kensucky though. Either way, I'm freaking out. Haha. Something in me is telling me he's going to end up at IU! :wacko:

I have to say all of this hype makes me even more nervous. Ever since I saw that Kendrick switched his pick, I've been freaking out all day. If he comes to IU, I'd be surprised. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Kensucky though. Either way, I'm freaking out. Haha. Something in me is telling me he's going to end up at IU! :wacko:

Welcome to the board and hope you enjoy posting here!  You will fit right in with the Kensucky comment.  Thanks for signing up and posting!

At IU he will be loved by all.  At UK, he's just another body to fill a uniform for just a short while.  IU is the place to be!!! :)

I was thinking the same thing. He puts on the candy stripes and you're elevated to rock star status. When you finish your career, you enter folk hero. No where will you find a fan base like at Indiana. I witnessed loyalty and adoration on Tuesday night at Bankers Life for a rookie when he entered the game.