Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2025) SF - Winters Grady

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Apparently we're making a late push. He's a a 6'7" shooter in the Goode/Kopp mold. 

Released a top 9 in early August and we weren't one of them. Clearly that top 9 list is being modified.

4 star #83 composite nationally:

https://247sports.com/player/winters-grady-46142160/

image.png

That kid can really freaking shoot it. He might be a better shooter than McNeeley. His mechanics are so good and his release is so quick that you can't shade off him in any way. Not a lot else to his game at this point, but he's a good athlete with a nice frame and he competes hard. No reason to think the other stuff won't come. Watched him at Chipotle and his shooting coach needs a raise. 

Reibe's name came out with us being a serious contender a couple of weeks before Moreno committed to Kentucky. Is this one of those situations? 

15 hours ago, BA47591 said:

Reibe's name came out with us being a serious contender a couple of weeks before Moreno committed to Kentucky. Is this one of those situations? 

Haralson backup. IU picked up contact about 2 weeks ago after they knew the winds were blowing to South Bend with Haralson

31 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

We've been in touch with this player for a year. When we missed on Haralson we went at him harder, and he immediately reciprocated interest and re-configured his top contenders to include us. 

To me that sounds like a kid that wanted IU's interest all along and is happy that he's finally getting it.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

We've been in touch with this player for a year. When we missed on Haralson we went at him harder, and he immediately reciprocated interest and re-configured his top contenders to include us. 

To me that sounds like a kid that wanted IU's interest all along and is happy that he's finally getting it.

Agreed, feel like if we get him on campus and actually push we’ll have a great shot. Does sound like he likes Michigan a lot 

A pretty good summary of Grady as a player here. Finding space and impeccable shooting. A couple of plays in the 4:00 or so range where it looks like the rotation is there in time but his preparation is so good and he has no wasted motion that he just gets them off no problem. 1 thing: would be curious about his actual measurements. Up fairly close to him I would have said he was 6’5” and he was clearly not as tall as McNeeley. But 17yo’s grow.

This guy has a reputation for being really scrappy. He's a true 3. I think in a 4 out with a high level play maker at point Sisley and Grady would be exceptional together. Very similar dispositions and would be 4 year contributors that would set a culture. 

IF

We landed a class of Sisley, Mullins, Reibe and Grady we could have the best shooter in the country at 4 different positions. Sign me up. 

50 minutes ago, BA47591 said:

This guy has a reputation for being really scrappy. He's a true 3. I think in a 4 out with a high level play maker at point Sisley and Grady would be exceptional together. Very similar dispositions and would be 4 year contributors that would set a culture. 

IF

We landed a class of Sisley, Mullins, Reibe and Grady we could have the best shooter in the country at 4 different positions. Sign me up. 

That would obviously be a tremendous haul if we can swing it. Love seeing us going after shooters and going head to head in recruiting battles with UConn. Gives me some more confidence about the talent evaluation / roster prioritization. Think Hurley said one of the things he’s learned at UConn and the key to their success, has been that he now only recruits kids who can shoot the ball at all 5 positions. No exceptions. Will be interested to see how they do this year… obviously don’t bet against Hurley but their frontcourt seems like a potentially substantial weakness. 

27 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Made me think of Granville Waiters. Good lord I'm getting old.

I haven't heard that name in a long time!  On the short list of "least cool NBA player names" for sure.

It sounds like an accouting firm- "At Granville & Waiters we make the numbers work for you!" 

1110349612_Screenshot2024-10-03161108.png.9388070d4d8df905f11f82781947ffe9.png

15 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

I haven't heard that name in a long time!  On the short list of "least cool NBA player names" for sure.

It sounds like an accouting firm- "At Granville & Waiters we make the numbers work for you!" 

1110349612_Screenshot2024-10-03161108.png.9388070d4d8df905f11f82781947ffe9.png

Rocking the bald beard look since 1983!