Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

7 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Alright...walk me through that one, Dude.

She got her BS in Business Administration at IU East. Aside from Cuban, she's probably the most decorated IU grad that isn't polarizing. It's a complete longshot call. But I'm going to die on the hill for that call brother. LOL!

Someone might be able to change my mind for good ole #32 AT. 

14 minutes ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

Maybe ARE is just busy with his season? 

Anthony Thompson, Sage Steele would be my choices. There is nothing polarizing about Steele, respectfully. 

I agree, just ESPN probably in no rush to put someone on air who's sued, or is actively suing them.

Cuban or Schwarber our most recognizable options?

Sage Steel and ESPN settled their lawsuit in 2023...I highly doubt they are going to bring her back. 

Mellencamp was just back for Big Noon kickoff. I think Joe Buck and newly initiated IU Fan Boy Troy Aikman would be fun. 

My guess is that it will be Schwarber. No political baggage, well known, good personality and a somewhat recent grad. 

38 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

She got her BS in Business Administration at IU East. Aside from Cuban, she's probably the most decorated IU grad that isn't polarizing. It's a complete longshot call. But I'm going to die on the hill for that call brother. LOL!

She got her degree entirely online though. Aside from her graduation ceremony I doubt she's ever been on an IU campus.

28 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

I agree, just ESPN probably in no rush to put someone on air who's sued, or is actively suing them.

Cuban or Schwarber our most recognizable options?

Forgot about the lawsuit. Good call. She would still be the best option though, IMO. 

Zero-shot Cuban should be on there, Schwarber would be tremendous, too. 

54 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

I feel like Cuban would be the MOST polarizing, though? 

I think AT is a great option. I was able to meet him two springs ago at the IU baseball game at Victory field. Incredibly nice guy.

55 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

It 100% should be AT based on everything he's done/is doing for IUFB. I just don't see him having the shine for ESPN to actually bring him on. He would be awesome on camera.

12 minutes ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

I feel like Cuban would be the MOST polarizing, though? 

I think AT is a great option. I was able to meet him two springs ago at the IU baseball game at Victory field. Incredibly nice guy.

I was referring to Venus Williams.

18 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

It 100% should be AT based on everything he's done/is doing for IUFB. I just don't see him having the shine for ESPN to actually bring him on. He would be awesome on camera.

Good ole #32. Good ole #32. Yes indeed. Just hand him the ball and watch him weave through the iso blocks in between the tackles. Good ole #32. 

BTN just showed a playoff prediction (I missed which organization made the prediction) showing IU as a 10th seed with their first game at #7 seed Texas.  It’s too early to put stock in any of these premature clickbait projections but starting out at Texas would be one of the worst scenarios for IU.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

One thing for sure - that eliminates broken/fractured thumb. So worst case scenario is officially avoided!

Really? I would think surgery indicates that there was at least some type of fracture. To what degree who knows but just seems odd that he would be ruled out immediately Sunday morning without any type of break. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I hope it’s not Cuban, though I definitely could see it being him. There are many better options, imo. 

It's going to be Cuban; and it really is the best option (if he wants to do it).  He's the biggest success story the university has and almost everybody knows who he is.  

A lot of the names here would be great for IU fans, but not for the country as a whole.  90% of college football fans don't even know who Anthony Thompson is.  I could see them doing a small feature on him though. 

Anyone suggesting Sage Steele is off their rocker.  You could name 500 alumni before ESPN would bring her back on. 

Oladipo/Mellencamp/Buck/Schwarber are probably the only other options.