Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Hovadipo

Game Thread: IUFB Spring Game | 8pm on BTN

Terry Jones just picked off Tayvon Jackson. 

He's in his sixth year of college -- fourth playing. 

2019 -- at Old Dominion: Reshirted 
2020 -- at ODU: Did not play; season canceled by COVID 
2021 -- played at ODU
2022 -- played at ODU
2023 -- played at ODU
2024 -- playing at IU 

Can he still take a COVID year? Guessing not, but since ODU canceled its entire season, it makes me wonder. 

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

By the time it was done, Rourke was clearly the best quarterback 

Good showing all around. TJ looked good.  Rourke looked like the steady handed vet.  A few bad drops by receivers.  Cig a little chippy in the first qtr when they weren’t getting plays in.  Going to be fun this fall.

9 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

Little 5 weekend.  Too much else going on.  

Yeah, Thursday night was when the festivities really started to crank up when I was a student.

Indiana football coach Curt Cignetti: "I'm looking for the best I can get, I'm not looking for any third teamers".

Rourke: “They’re coming in to win, is something that really drew me to (Indiana) … (Curt Cignetti is) not here to be rebuilding, he’s here to win.”

https://hoosierillustrated.com/coach-qa-everything-curt-cignetti-said-after-indiana-football-spring-game/#google_vignette

11 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

By the time it was done, Rourke was clearly the best quarterback 

Agree. Although, it appears TJ has him on all the physical attributes.

I thought Rourke was slower getting the ball out than TJ and not as much zip. But by the end he looked to be in a better rhythm. 

overall, I was pleased with what I saw last night.  A lot of new faces and learning a new system but everyone seemed to be engaged and in step with each other.  Very little penalties and we seemed quicker on both sides of the ball.  Love the attitude of the players during the sideline interviews.  

Excited to see them this fall. 

Free game wrap from Hoosier Huddle for those interested:

Offense Beats Defense in 2024 Spring Game — Hoosier Huddle

I was pretty pleased with what I saw.

-I think the offensive line did a nice job throughout the night. It's not easy going against a defensive unit when all they have to do is touch the quarterback to end the play but the QBs had pretty clean pockets.

-There is such a big upgrade at wide receiver. Omar Cooper and Cross both had drops and Andison Coby had a dangerous one that went right through his hands but overall, the speed/quickness and ability to do something after the catch is so much higher than what IU has had recently. 

-I really love what Kaelon Black and Ty Son Lawton (and even Justice Ellison and Elijah Green) bring. Particularly, Black and Lawton ran hard, showed good balance and vision and then punished defenders that tried to bring them down. They were fun to watch.

-Aiden Fisher is the real deal. He oozes leadership (sounds like a medical issue but I'm told it's a good thing!) and he is a tackling machine. I saw Jared Kelly from Peegs posted that he unofficially had 15 tackles. His movement, instincts and then ability to finish the play is impressive.

-Encouraging play from the secondary.

-Defensive line, unsurprisingly, needs some additions and needs to get healthy. 

6 minutes ago, HoosierHuddle said:

Free game wrap from Hoosier Huddle for those interested:

Offense Beats Defense in 2024 Spring Game — Hoosier Huddle

I was pretty pleased with what I saw.

-I think the offensive line did a nice job throughout the night. It's not easy going against a defensive unit when all they have to do is touch the quarterback to end the play but the QBs had pretty clean pockets.

-There is such a big upgrade at wide receiver. Omar Cooper and Cross both had drops and Andison Coby had a dangerous one that went right through his hands but overall, the speed/quickness and ability to do something after the catch is so much higher than what IU has had recently. 

-I really love what Kaelon Black and Ty Son Lawton (and even Justice Ellison and Elijah Green) bring. Particularly, Black and Lawton ran hard, showed good balance and vision and then punished defenders that tried to bring them down. They were fun to watch.

-Aiden Fisher is the real deal. He oozes leadership (sounds like a medical issue but I'm told it's a good thing!) and he is a tackling machine. I saw Jared Kelly from Peegs posted that he unofficially had 15 tackles. His movement, instincts and then ability to finish the play is impressive.

-Encouraging play from the secondary.

-Defensive line, unsurprisingly, needs some additions and needs to get healthy. 

I believe it was Fisher in the interview on the field that said - get ready Bloomington, winning is coming your way.  Agree with the leadership comment.  He seemed all business.