Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB vs Fairfield - Saturday, 03.23.24 @ 1:30 on ESPN2

6 minutes ago, mamasa said:

And I know everyone has been wondering- did my daughter get a car???  After a couple of not wonderful visits, my wife and i decided to let her take over payments on wife’s car, and we’ll get a newer one

What a move! An absolute fleecing by Mamasa. 

Per release, Sara Scalia’s 27 points this afternoon is Indiana’s new single-game record in the NCAA Tournament. Was previously set 41 years ago by Denise Jackson. 89 points by Indiana is also another record.

Also today, Sara recorded her 100th 3-pointer on the season.

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Wonderfully written opening full of truths.  

30 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Controversial? 

of all the recent really great lady Hoosiers, Scalia is my favorite to watch.  

Not controversial at all!! She’s a freaking machine and so easy to cheer for! Every season, there’s one I’ll miss (over the obvious)- last season was Berger, this is Scalia!!

5 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Concerned about how we start this game. 15 days between games is an eternity. Last year after that layoff it took us the whole first quarter to shake off the rust and get going. I wish the Big Ten tournament wasn't so early. 

Seems like you were right to be concerned- started off a little rough!

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Brown on Fairfield is so good and easy to root for. Talented, plays so hard, and great attitude. Good for her.

My wife said the same thing! She played her *ss off! Fun team to watch. 

28 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Queen Caitlin was her usual self today but this is a classic when her own dad is yelling at her,.

image.png

Speaking of, #13 did what millions have been thinking of for about 2 years now. 

(McLovin could not be more wrong here but I don’t care)

15 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Love how direct he is, and many of the same things we’ve been saying here — stubbornly clinging to outdated notions of post play, making excuses, etc. 

interesting point about the women now being the last standing D1 team from the Indiana - Kentucky region. 

So mich more enjoyable to watch this so well coached IN team

15 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Does Rick not have the ability to talk, garner interest in his articles about womens basketball without taking shots at the mens team? 

That article's beginng is BS, quite honestly. 

"This is the Indiana University basketball team that has not divided the Hoosiers’ fan base.

The one that decided injuries are something you overcome, not offer as an excuse.

The one that appreciates the fans who stuff Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall without telling them to chill.

The one that has an all-American post player but does not stubbornly cling to the outdated notion that winning college basketball is best played inside-outside."

Tf? Talk about the girls.  Disrespectful. 

Simply put-- I'm tired of reading articles that make it seem like the women's team being good is some sort of surprise or like an epiphany during these wretched IUMBB times lol 

Sexist af 

Nothing of the mens teams should be written in the women's articles.