Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB vs Fairfield - Saturday, 03.23.24 @ 1:30 on ESPN2

Does Rick not have the ability to talk, garner interest in his articles about womens basketball without taking shots at the mens team? 
That article's beginng is BS, quite honestly. 

"This is the Indiana University basketball team that has not divided the Hoosiers’ fan base.

The one that decided injuries are something you overcome, not offer as an excuse.

The one that appreciates the fans who stuff Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall without telling them to chill.

The one that has an all-American post player but does not stubbornly cling to the outdated notion that winning college basketball is best played inside-outside."

Tf? Talk about the girls.  Disrespectful. 

The men’s team has earned every one of those shots. And Bozich does a good job of pointing out that the women’s team is not that. The fact that the women’s team is not that is, IMO, a good way to start the article. The women’s team has had its injuries- probably more than the men’s team, yet they find a way to overcome and excel.

7 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

The men’s team has earned every one of those shots. And Bozich does a good job of pointing out that the women’s team is not that. The fact that the women’s team is not that is, IMO, a good way to start the article. The women’s team has had its injuries- probably more than the men’s team, yet they find a way to overcome and excel.

No. They haven't. 

The womens team didn't learn to overcome **** lol ... they have more talent.  Plain and simple, more talent, more depth, more workable pieces. Literally their lack of health cost them last year when they laid two eggs down the stretch, and should have been 3. 

I can't imagine taking this as a compliment for the women’s team. 

There's no reason to bring the mens team up at all in his article. Fact. I don't care if what he says might have validity to it. Not the point whatsoever, and if your bias against Woodson doesn't give you the ability to see that.. not sure what to tell you. 

Me (while complimenting my daughter)--- hey the boys team playing on the other court turned it over a bunch and didnt take good shots, and don't seem to be well coached.... they missed block outs too. 

Oh and congrats on winning your game

Is literally how that article reads. Happened all year long. Its gross. 

Me (while complimenting my daughter)--- hey the boys team playing on the other court turned it over a bunch and didnt take good shots, and don't seem to be well coached.... they missed block outs to. 

Idk. This woman’s team has received so much praise and adoration for the past 3-4 years regularly, no matter the circumstances.

Yes, this year comparisons were made but the womens team has been celebrated amazingly. People just pointing out differences of a winning program vs not a winning program but the level of love the women get hasn’t been tarnished.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Idk. This woman’s team has received so much praise and adoration for the past 3-4 years regularly, no matter the circumstances.

Yes, this year comparisons were made but the womens team has been celebrated amazingly. People just pointing out differences of a winning program vs not a winning program but the level of love the women get hasn’t been tarnished.

I don't really understand why those differences are being pointed out in the middle of an NCAA tourney run, either? 

If the men ever make a run, the women won't be brought up once in an article. 

Oh well. 

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Me (while complimenting my daughter)--- hey the boys team playing on the other court turned it over a bunch and didnt take good shots, and don't seem to be well coached.... they missed block outs to. 

You know what?

Never thought of your take on this when reading that article.

You are 100% right. He could have put a line about the contrast toward the end of the article; instead he made it the primary first focus for the reader.

17 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

100%.

IU Ladies are an excellent Player and Team  Program Development Concept within each season and year to year for a decade now.

Yes on development. And it’s not always quickly but it’s highly recognizable for many of the players in T. Moren era.  As noted, fans, community and program have grown to bond together into an IU lovable image.

From Holmes, and the rest of team to something in season example of Bargesser new technique shooting free throws development (she doesn’t miss many now)….always something going on to improve.