Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

A place where IU fans are happy about a 5 Star commitment and don’t feel the need to take jabs at a lame duck coach every day and a place where more then 1 percent of the place actually likes the coach and the direction of the program.  There is a cloud over this program for almost  every fan the comes here. That’s not going to change until IU gets a new coach.  Right or wrong that’s the reality.  Even if IU starts winning again most will still be checked out (myself included) and that stinks 

image.gif.8a1b25389bd7755d8fb07c5a30277f28.gif

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

A place where IU fans are happy about a 5 Star commitment and don’t feel the need to take jabs at a lame duck coach every day and a place where more then 1 percent of the place actually likes the coach and the direction of the program.  There is a cloud over this program for almost  every fan the comes here. That’s not going to change until IU gets a new coach.  Right or wrong that’s the reality.  Even if IU starts winning again most will still be checked out (myself included) and that stinks 

I always enjoy seeing quality players come in. I watched ISU play and it would be great to see IU play like that.

2 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Everyone needs to let things play out a bit 

You mean like we did with Woodson's high school recruiting? ZERO for 31. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and again. I guess that gives me hope and strikes fear in our opponents.

FIRE MIKE WOODSON.

Just now, AZ Hoosier said:

You mean like we did with Woodson's high school recruiting? ZERO for 31. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and again. I guess that gives me hope and strikes fear in our opponents.

FIRE MIKE WOODSON.

Woodson didn't target 31 high school recruits. That was the assistants. Woodson missed on like 3 that he actually prioritized. 

15 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Woodson didn't target 31 high school recruits. That was the assistants. Woodson missed on like 3 that he actually prioritized. 

Isn't that why we pay him $4.5M/year?

Ok, so Woodson only recruited THREE high school kids. He sent his staff to recruit the other 28, and all he had to do was "close". So Woodson was 0-31 on "closing". My bad.

Fire Mike Woodson

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

Exactly why would Woodson target that many kids, he hates going out to watch AAU and HS games. Just tell him who the really good players are, then try to get them on campus, preferably in the spring because that is golf season and he's in a good mood. Then he'll tell them some cool NBA stories and try to get them to commit. 

13 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

FIRE MIKE WOODSON.

Usually the opposite dynamic during games, IU having Woodson gives our opponents hope.

11 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

lol that's not how it works.  God I wish I could use this if my assistants ever make a mistake. 

I probably worded things poorly but IU didn’t really target 31 recruits. It was like 3 because Woodson didn’t want to recruit the others 

24 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I'll root for IU and I will support our players.  I will let you know now that I'm going to be angry for a while.  The fact that we didn't move to hire Dusty who could have been our coach for the next 15 years to hold onto Mike Woodson for another 2 or 3 really upsets me.  Maybe Woodson makes a Sweet 16 and maybe Dusty ends up just being average at Michigan.  Until either of these proves to be true, I'll assume our Administration is foolhardy and Woodson cost us by not stepping aside. 

34 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Help me out here.  I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or a defense of Woodson.  

4 minutes ago, JF87 said:

Help me out here.  I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or a defense of Woodson.  

The assistants did the leg work but Woody made the decision on who he was interested in and that's why out of 31 offers we only focused on 3 players and not a wider net.   3 was all Woody cared about.  The assistants did their job.