Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

3 hours ago, steubenhoosier said:

Really don’t care about how he acts. Not sure why it bothers some of you guys. Doesn’t affect you. Can’t do anything about it. 

If his actions have materially impacted your life, please share how 

He hurt my self esteem when he called me not a true fan.  So there’s that. 

2 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

He hurt my self esteem when he called me not a true fan.  So there’s that. 

True fans are okay with Woodson's crappy coaching because he played here over 40 years ago.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Fair enough!

Winning will cure those issues 

Agreed here. Just seems more likely that Woodson underperforms versus the talent we’ve acquired. Would love to be wrong.

And I don’t think it’s “he doesn’t know how to coach”. Instead I think it’s “he doesn’t know how to coach college basketball” which is just a different beast than the NBA. He seems to do well with the NBA talent on the roster, he just doesn’t do anything with the rest of the roster.

It’s a legit question. I truly believe that if the coming season doesn’t go well (along the lines of the season we just had) Woodson will be done.
But if the season goes very well, does that mean that that Woody all of the sudden learned to coach, or that we constructed a roster built to win?
I hope Woodson does have a fantastic season for all of our sakes. In the end I don't think it can be to good of season because I am convinced he isn't good

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

And to watch more temper tantrums.....
The "journeyman" who coaches BBall at IU once scored 48 points in an NBA game.

More salt.....your turn.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

Clearly, playing and coaching are not the same thing.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

It’s a legit question. I truly believe that if the coming season doesn’t go well (along the lines of the season we just had) Woodson will be done.

But if the season goes very well, does that mean that that Woody all of the sudden learned to coach, or that we constructed a roster built to win?

Kentucky has had how many top 5 classes in a row?  If these Hoosiers make it to the Elite Eight (I think it's that type of roster) then yeah the coaching stepped up.  Talent can only take you so far.  

I honestly think we'll find out in our first ranked competitive game. If there's better perimeter defense then we're going places. I hope Coach listens to criticism and adjusts. 

Just now, Schreckbagger said:

But clearly, he's been called a "journeyman" player on here for the last 5 pages. So which is it?

This is a little misleading.  A journeyman as a NBA player is not the same as journeyman as a head coach or coach.  

28 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

Mods.....the sandbox is getting dirty according to documentation forum rules.

20 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

Interesting ... bait/taunt other posters then go running to mommy...

9 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

Even more interesting. This whole thread ironically was made to bait/taunt isn't it?? Is that you daddy?

The thread was originally to post the call for Woodson's dismissal. It's been watered down by adding the "assessment of former posters" ... 

Saying that Mike Woodson has been an epic failure as head men's basketball coach at Indiana University is not baiting/taunting. It's stating fact. But bravo for you for coming into this thread and taking umbrage at those who want Woodson fired.

1 minute ago, Schreckbagger said:

Clearly, you did read that.....

Yeah, I've read a lot of stuff here and elsewhere...doesn't mean that I said (or subscribe to the opinion that) Mike Woodson was a journeyman NBA player. I do think he's a lazy, arrogant and crappy coach who is in way over his head.

What is your point?

41 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

The "journeyman" who coaches BBall at IU once scored 48 points in an NBA game.

More salt.....your turn.

The only person throwing a temper tantrum here is you. 

Notable future hall of famer Malachi Flynn scored 50 points in a game this season, so looks like you’re right. 

The thread was originally to post the call for Woodson's dismissal. It's been watered down by adding the "assessment of former posters" ... 

Saying that Mike Woodson has failed epically as head men's basketball coach at Indiana University is not baiting/taunting. It's stating fact. But for you for coming into this thread and taking umbrage at those who want Woodson fired.

Try again, it's based on opinion, and only opinion. And your opinion means no more than my opinion. Yell as loud as you want. YOUR coach still has the 3RD BEST W/L percent of ANY IU coach in 60 YEARS. Just the facts....

Try again

Question.....does umbrage include running off the forum anyone with differing opinion? You guys do that a lot here. It's almost like a cult.

The only person throwing a temper tantrum here is you. 
Notable future hall of famer Malachi Flynn scored 50 points in a game this season, so looks like you’re right. 
Is this one of those "who the F cares" replies? Talking about a dude averaging 5 pts a game, with barely 1,000 career points.

You guys are funny.....