Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

https://michigan.rivals.com/news/hot-board-next-michigan-basketball-head-coach-candidates

Mentions Dusty May as a candidate (as it should) but an interesting line at the end of the Dusty paragraph...

"May will be a coveted name for this coaching cycle, with Ohio State, Louisville, and potentially Indiana all interested."

Wait...I thought Woodson was for sure coming back next season?

Just now, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

https://michigan.rivals.com/news/hot-board-next-michigan-basketball-head-coach-candidates

Mentions Dusty May as a candidate (as it should) but an interesting line at the end of the Dusty paragraph...

"May will be a coveted name for this coaching cycle, with Ohio State, Louisville, and potentially Indiana all interested."

There is a high likelihood that he'll be back but there is nothing official from the AD confirming that. Until that happens, there will be speculation from fans and the media both. That "leak" won't cut it.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

Keep hope alive 

20 minutes ago, QuinnB(BOT)(Perfectin76) said:

I can tell you that our administration is keeping an eye on the situation. We have a great concern that one or more of these programs will attempt to poach Coach Woodson due to his recent successes here. Because of this, we are working on a few things that will keep Coach Woodson in Bloomington for the foreseeable future. So rest easy partner, we got this covered. 

Barrel, That you?

6 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

I think they are just trolling us.  :)  

17 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

That is clickbait, do not waste your time. I think we can all agree that we have our Coach. 

1 minute ago, 8bucks said:

What if we had a retirement party for woody Monday morning.  We could all chip in and Chris could set it up before Woody gets there and just maybe ..

I like it, maybe he won't remember and think it was planned.  Big party to tell him thanks and enjoy retirement.  

9 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

Hope has been on life support for the past 25 years at IU.

Don't worry, the clown show that is IU leadership will pull the plug for us once they work out Woodson's extension.

Just now, JSHoosier said:

Don't worry, the clown show that is IU leadership will pull the plug for us once they work out Woodson's extension.

That is what it has felt like for years.  Close to revival and then another relapse and back on life support.  

49 minutes ago, QuinnB(BOT)(Perfectin76) said:

I can tell you that our administration is keeping an eye on the situation. We have a great concern that one or more of these programs will attempt to poach Coach Woodson due to his recent successes here. Because of this, we are working on a few things that will keep Coach Woodson in Bloomington for the foreseeable future. So rest easy partner, we got this covered. 

I'll help Woodson pack, and even wrap him in a great big bow - school can choose the color of bow.

48 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

It’s year 3, I think the U will fire him after next season unless he rights the ship. The 4 years for CAM is the standard, think Woodson knows that

He needs to go NOW.

37 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

"May will be a coveted name for this coaching cycle, with Ohio State, Louisville, and potentially  hopefully Indiana all interested."

please, please, please...