Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

8 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

Kind of like Mike Woodson saying he was coming back to IU to win championships, and then insisting he was doing his job after missing the tournament?

You're more than welcome to attribute those comments however you please. 

40 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Somebody said Woodson won the offseason with an A+. I wonder if we are allowed to then expect him to win 25 game plus or is the expectation of doing his job like 20 wins still.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

I think anything short of a 7-seed in the tourney should be fire able with this level of talent, barring a run to the sweet 16.

A truly good coach would have this team in the top-10 though IMO. Sneaking into the tournament would be an awful coaching job.

6 hours ago, Juwan Moye said:

I think anything short of a 7-seed in the tourney should be fire able with this level of talent, barring a run to the sweet 16.

A truly good coach would have this team in the top-10 though IMO. Sneaking into the tournament would be an awful coaching job.

I kind of think the low bar should be a team much like the 2011-2012 team. We all knew that the next year was gonna be a great year.  He has enough talent on this team to do more but if our young kids are really coming on and will be back another year then that is a good low bar.  It can’t be the Mike Davis help is on the way stuff but guys we can see on the court now excelling but not ready for the NBA. 

Beat case we make a deep run and we have a chance to bring a lot of those guys back. 

On 5/2/2024 at 11:50 AM, Juwan Moye said:

No a minimum of a 4 seed and sweet 16, anything less than that then can his a**!!!   What he did last year, including the true fans, Huber Winery, I don’t shoot shots ( or whatever he exact said), and I did my job comments are still an issue with me.  If makes the FF4, then I just might forgive him.  

No a minimum of a 4 seed and sweet 16, anything less than that then can his a**!!!   What he did last year, including the true fans, Huber Winery, I don’t shoot shots ( or whatever he exact said), and I did my job comments are still an issue with me.  If makes the FF4, then I just might forgive him.  

Agree a 7 seed is for like 21-12 teams which would be a fail with this roster.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Championship or HE GONE!

1 hour ago, IUFAN1976 said:

And how many weeks of HIS radio show did he blow off last season?

2 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

And how many weeks of HIS radio show did he blow off last season?

Yes, not to mention that and there were probably many other things that we aren’t mentioning.  I think it will take more than just buying your team and constructing a good roster for us fans non-true fans to forgive him.  Even if he wins a National Championship, it will be hard for me to forgive him for what he done this past year and how unprofessional he was.  I would think a public apology to all fans would go along way to rectify coach/fan relationship.  He’s definitely on the hot seat because he is under a major microscope by many of us fans and Dolson too.

5 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

Not sure about others on this board, but I already feel good about the upcoming year. We added dynamic guards, rebounding, and some shooting. The outlook is better than last year. 

Now, if IU could get a competent coach from the portal we'd be all set.