Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

COMPLAIN HERE!

I hate it when people are mentioning time left in a basketball game that's less than one second and write three-tenths of a second as 0.03. That's not three-tenths, that's three-hundredths. Three-tenths is 0.3. We learned this in fifth grade. 

It could just be a typo/ formatting error. Replace the period with a colon (0.03 and 0:03) and it’s correct.

3 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

It could just be a typo/ formatting error. Replace the period with a colon (0.03 and 0:03) and it’s correct.

I read 0:03 as 3 seconds, not three-tenths. 

I think it's one of those things where people see it so often, they just assume it's correct. 

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

I read 0:03 as 3 seconds, not three-tenths. 

I think it's one of those things where people see it so often, they just assume it's correct. 

Yes, that was my point... 0.03 is 3 tenths of whatever, but 0:03 is 3 seconds...

14 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I hate it when people are mentioning time left in a basketball game that's less than one second and write three-tenths of a second as 0.03. That's not three-tenths, that's three-hundredths. Three-tenths is 0.3. We learned this in fifth grade. 

I once saw a McDonald’s sign for .99 cent cheeseburgers.

Here’s a Buck, give me my 100 cheeseburgers.

11 hours ago, str8baller said:

The Fire Coach Woodson thread is proliferating faster than I can read it. 

I had to go back 10 freaking pages to find a post I wanted to quote today. You'd think eventually we'd get bored with it.