Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Rutger - Tuesday, 01.09.24 @ 7:00 on Peacock

33 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

We need a more physical Ware down the stretch.....

Absolutely and there for a bit he was our most consistent player. Now that big ten is here he will need to be able to withstand the physicality of the big ten. 

Hoping for a win.  This game will be really ugly at times because of Rutger's defense.

IU has to make Rutger look ugly too...by playing a great defense.

No injuries...please.

Rutgers university newspaper apologizes after branding members of sorority 'ugly b******' and comparing them to farm animals

The article was published on the medium that is patterned after the Onion.  Satirical, yes.  Bad taste yes.Free Pile Animals photo and picture  Rutgers university newspaper The Medium apologizes after branding members of a sorority 'fat, ugly b****** and comparing them to farm animals | Daily Mail Online

1 hour ago, FortWayneHoosier said:

We win this one no matter the point difference, I will be a happy man. This is one of those games you know we can win but know its gonna be physical. I think if Malik can stay out of trouble, and X and MM make some shots we walk away with a win. 

every single road game for me.  We aren't good enough to blow teams out.  Gotta out grit them and find matchup advantages, usually malik.  They don't particularly shoot it well but we seem to be the cure for many of those ailments.  (I think part of that is teams gameplan to come out and gun against us and it gives the players the freedom and green light to feel good about jacking up everything-THAT and we rotate terribly)

8 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Not super fired up about how Omoruyi is going to treat our guy tonight.

Mawot Wag, Omoruyi, and Simpson have me concerned. RU fans are disappointed with Omoruyi this year, though. Football... I mean RU basketball... is always tough at the RAC. Hopefully dangerous weather means a less disruptive crowd to worry about

1 hour ago, Artie86 said:

We need a more physical Ware down the stretch.....

I agree but I'm not sure physicality is in his DNA. Hopefully, the good thing is neither team should blow each other out. So just hang around till the end and make one more play than them. SCORE 1 MORE F*cking POINT and we win

19 minutes ago, schoosier said:

If the officials keep the holding, grabbing, pushing, and slapping to a minimum; I think we can pull it out. X is the biggest ? If low turnover X shows up, this may be our year in NY.

We're still in the Big Ten, aren't we? I don't see the officials doing their job but hopefully, we can overcome that. 

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Hate playing at Rutgers. Can't remember the last time we looked good there. I'm expecting a low-scoring game with a ton of fouls not called and our players looking lost/frustrated most of the night. 

2018 was the last victory there, believed we beat them by like 20. And then they went on that 6 game winning streak

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

We're still in the Big Ten, aren't we? I don't see the officials doing their job but hopefully, we can overcome that. 

Woody needs to come out of his shell and go full on RMK for once. I’m not asking him to toss a chair; only to protect his players. Rutgers would be the perfect game unless he wants to wait for Iowa where I will be at in person. 

12 minutes ago, schoosier said:

Woody needs to come out of his shell and go full on RMK for once. I’m not asking him to toss a chair; only to protect his players. Rutgers would be the perfect game unless he wants to wait for Iowa where I will be at in person. 

Agreed he needs to get a T at some point this season. Maybe the Purdue game. 

20 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Hate playing at Rutgers. Can't remember the last time we looked good there. I'm expecting a low-scoring game with a ton of fouls not called and our players looking lost/frustrated most of the night. 

Yes that's one thing that bothers me about Malik. He lets the calls/non-calls affect the way he plays. 

Rutgers leading scorer averages 11.9 ppg and shoots 39.3% from the floor.

As a team they average 68.5 ppg and shoot 39.7% from the floor and 29% from 3.

However, they average 7.5 steals and 5.9 blocks. We have way more talent than them if we show up and play tough and don't let them bully us physically, we should be able to beat these guys because frankly they are terrible.