Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2023-24 IUFB Transfer Portal

If Cig is as good as we think, he will adjust his offense to his best players. Didn’t he work with Phillip Rivers? 
He was the QB coach but not OC. Not sure if the exclusively read option/rpo is his baby or if it's just what suited McCloud though. Regardless you'd imagine, as you said, he could adjust.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

He was the QB coach but not OC. Not sure if the exclusively read option/rpo is his baby or if it's just what suited McCloud though. Regardless you'd imagine, as you said, he could adjust.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I guess for me, Sorsby is good enough to merit fitting a scheme to his strengths.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

If Cig is as good as we think, he will adjust his offense to his best players. Didn’t he work with Phillip Rivers? 

Yeah, no clue if he’s married to that or not. I would say that if he is, I hope he gives himself options back there. Sorsby wasn’t great at it, but Tayven was awwwwwful at it. 

Just now, Hovadipo said:

Yeah, no clue if he’s married to that or not. I would say that if he is, I hope he gives himself options back there. Sorsby wasn’t great at it, but Tayven was awwwwwful at it. 

Exactly. I’m hoping he inherits the two young, talented QBs with generally similar skill sets at IU and tailors a non-Walt Bell scheme that fits them

24 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

Could see him bring his QB too… As of now we have Jackson and nothing to compete.

Just looked him up. He’s a RS SR and majoring in cyber intelligence. That profile isn’t screaming transfer candidate to me if he does have eligibility left. Does IU have something like that in the Luddy school?

29 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

His JMU qb is fantastic, but if I’m him I’m starting with trying to keep Sorsby. 

I don't know anything about the JMU quarterback, but Sorsby singlehandedly lost the Bucket Game.  Bye.

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

I don't know anything about the JMU quarterback, but Sorsby singlehandedly lost the Bucket Game.  Bye.

Because he had a bad bucket game playing for Tom Allen as a freshman?

Nah. If we don’t keep him I imagine we’ll simply have to read about his success while playing somewhere else. 

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Because he had a bad bucket game playing for Tom Allen as a freshman?

Nah. If we don’t keep him I imagine we’ll simply have to read about his success while playing somewhere else. 

I suppose we'll see.  I've moved on.  You (probably) should too since he has.

42 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

His JMU qb is fantastic, but if I’m him I’m starting with trying to keep Sorsby. 

I’d be very surprised if we keep Sorsby based on what I’ve heard… or in other words, it will cost a lot of money. 

Just now, Hoosierfan222 said:

I’d be very surprised if we keep Sorsby based on what I’ve heard… or in other words, it will cost a lot of money. 

Maybe so. But we have much more money than before and Sorsby for the numbers I’ve read is a solid deal.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Maybe so. But we have much more money than before and Sorsby for the numbers I’ve read is a solid deal.

Move on brother.  

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Maybe, but the number I heard he was offered is kindve crazy for him. We are certainly raising a ton of money right now for Cignetti, wouldn’t be surprised if he has $4-5 million to work with when all is said and done, but… I’ve heard his rumored offer was in the 500kish range from a Big 12 school 

15 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

1/5th of the available NIL is pretty steep for 1 player that is only "ok." 

I saw he was getting offers in the $400k-$600k range and that IU has $3M available.

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

Maybe, but the number I heard he was offered is kindve crazy for him. We are certainly raising a ton of money right now for Cignetti, wouldn’t be surprised if he has $4-5 million to work with when all is said and done, but… I’ve heard his rumored offer was in the 500kish range from a Big 12 school 

Guessing we’ll have about $5million in football NIL. $500k for a plus P5 qb seems like a good for 10% of it.

1 minute ago, go iu bb said:

1/5th of the available NIL is pretty steep for 1 player that is only "ok." 

I saw he was getting offers in the $400k-$600k range and that IU has $3M available.

We have more than $3 million.

There a single $3 million balance identified today from one collective. So there will be more than that one collective’s current balance.