Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2023-24 IUFB Transfer Portal

9 minutes ago, iubb said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^THIS^^

With a fantastic hire we have a chance of retaining our portal guys; with Tom Allen returning we had little or no chance whatsoever.

Btw; Candle has been the best recruiter in the MAC for a while now.

I don't see a reason to panic. We're losing players from a 3-win team. 

Just gotta get the right guy. If you can coach, you can coach. Still amazes me what Joe Tiller did at Purdue. 

1993 Jim Colletto 1-10

1994 Colletto 5-4-2

1995 Colletto 4-6-1

1996 Colletto 3-8

1997 Joe Tiller 9-3 

Honestly, I don't remember much about the PUs during that changeover, but in the pre-portal days, there's no way Tiller could've reconstructed that roster much in one offseason.  He took players Colletto lost with -- and won. Right away. 

And as it seems from posts above, it appears CTA had worn thin on those guys and they'd have portaled even if he wasn't let go. 

BTW -- Tiller's first game at PU was a loss to Toledo. That's gotta be a sign. Let's get Jason Candle! LOL! 

At this point good luck to all that leave. I think IU needs to change the styles of some of the players on the field anyways. I personally would like more speed from the tight end and RB position. At times it felt like the Tight Ends were more fullbacks. Would like another Lucas like player playing the WR slot for Indiana. 

I do think this is a good example of why the transfer window needs to have some limits or the NCAA needs to increase the allowed resources for schools to manage the portal.  A lot of additional work each year to re-recruit your current players along with new transfers on top of the standard recruiting.