Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Barrel Rick

(2025) SG - Braylon Mullins

10 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Greenfield Central held on for a 44-41 win over Delta to remain undefeated.  Mullins 14 pts.  Probably still tired from last weekend's 51 point game.

May have been 45-41.  Seen both scores posted.

From the Greenfield paper, Delta played a triangle and two, Mullins was 4 of 8 from the field on the night.  Sounds like a night where the defense said we’re not letting him beat us, so he found his teammates and took what they gave him.  People can question GC schedule, but they went on the road to win their last 3 conf games to win the HHC undefeated.  When’s the last time IU won 3 straight conf games on the road.  

1 hour ago, 94Bulldog said:

From the Greenfield paper, Delta played a triangle and two, Mullins was 4 of 8 from the field on the night.  Sounds like a night where the defense said we’re not letting him beat us, so he found his teammates and took what they gave him.  People can question GC schedule, but they went on the road to win their last 3 conf games to win the HHC undefeated.  When’s the last time IU won 3 straight conf games on the road.  

Triangle and 2 is a great gimmick defense for high school level ball and I love it when run well.  Not often are there a lot of kids that can score so if you can take away the top two you change the game.  But you need a few kids to sell out on keeping those 2 from getting the ball and not get distracted when the ball goes to the 3 you want to shoot.  

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

Triangle and 2 is a great gimmick defense for high school level ball and I love it when run well.  Not often are there a lot of kids that can score so if you can take away the top two you change the game.  But you need a few kids to sell out on keeping those 2 from getting the ball and not get distracted when the ball goes to the 3 you want to shoot.  

Actually saw Lawrence North run triangle and 2 against Marion against James Blackmon Sr and BOTH kids were playing him. 1 was playing him straight up and 1 was shading him. Still scored something like 35 and hit a game winner. He was really good and the rest of that team was really not.

2 hours ago, 94Bulldog said:

I hope we can agree it's easier to go on the road in high school with an elite prospect on the team and win, then it is in the Big Ten

20 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I hope we can agree it's easier to go on the road in high school with an elite prospect on the team and win, then it is in the Big Ten

No doubt, but there are certain local refs who can definitely, uh, equalize a high school game pretty quickly. Saw 2 guys a couple years ago who had absolutely decided that Aminu Mohammed was getting the night off and they just brazenly fouled him out in about 10 mins.

1 minute ago, Demo said:

No doubt, but there are certain local refs who can definitely, uh, equalize a high school game pretty quickly. Saw 2 guys a couple years ago who had absolutely decided that Aminu Mohammed was getting the night off and they just brazenly fouled him out in about 10 mins.

Oh I know that for sure. As a high school ref for over 20 years, I've seen some craziness. 

52 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Of course.  Just a comment more out of frustration with IU the past 20 years than anything.  I could have left that out.

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Full stat line in the 44-41 win over Delta.  14p;  5r;  4a;  2s;  0b;  2t

4-8 FG;  0-2 on 3s;  6-6 FT.

Didn’t see the game but 14 points on 13 possessions used max (8 shots, 2 TOs, 3 or fewer trips to the FT line) is a good offensive game in a low scoring affair

2 hours ago, FortWayneHoosier said:

Trayce, Gallo, and Tony Buckets with Mullins, at the Warriors/Pacers game last night.  Maybe a good sign!!! 

IMG_6085.jpeg

IMG_6084.jpeg

I thnk this is a very good sign. We'll for the IU fans who root for this team and coaches. Probably not for the other people.