Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Barrel Rick

(2025) SG - Braylon Mullins

14 minutes ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

That's a pretty laughable article. 

You think?

Shaw is a legit writer with sources. He hedges his bets but says he has legit sources that he's basing his opinions on.

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

You think?

Shaw is a legit writer with sources. He hedges his bets but says he has legit sources that he's basing his opinions on.

I thought someone said that On3 was sponsored by KSR or owned by or had some affiliation with them. 

24 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

You think?

If Kentucky is that big of a player, Braylon pretty clearly didn't grow up an Indiana fan. Hard to stomach

But yeah, the article is either laughable or terribly written. I guess it probably is that simple to hook the UK fans, though. 

Do people need a constant reminder that we will be in this til the very end? Rabby has been VERY adamant that We are a legit contender til the very end. No one takes a secret UV for no reason.during the UV Mullins is quoted saying he liked the new play style woodson is incorporating that he got to witness at a practice. Just because an insider hasn’t posted in a bit means literally nothing. Also, uk is about to sign a freshman 5 star sg guard, rarely do schools get two of one position. UConn is too far. Not saying Mullins is a lock by any means but people freaking out over a UK article (written before the jasper news) and a poster who rarely posted in the first place is funny. 

17 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Do people need a constant reminder that we will be in this til the very end? Rabby has been VERY adamant that We are a legit contender til the very end. No one takes a secret UV for no reason.during the UV Mullins is quoted saying he liked the new play style woodson is incorporating that he got to witness at a practice. Just because an insider hasn’t posted in a bit means literally nothing. Also, uk is about to sign a freshman 5 star sg guard, rarely do schools get two of one position. UConn is too far. Not saying Mullins is a lock by any means but people freaking out over a UK article (written before the jasper news) and a poster who rarely posted in the first place is funny. 

Agreed. Don't need a regular reminder. The Jasper Johnson UK signing will help. Absolutely believe IU will be in it until the end and if I had to guess, I'd give IU an edge currently. 

But that doesn't preclude me from thinking that Shaw is a legit source who is reporting what he hears.

I am not concerned with what some hill jacks from Kentucky thinks but do worry about a national recruiting guy talking like this.

Recruiting can change every day because a month ago it appeared that UK was out of the running for Johnson and now it appears he is ready to commit to UK.

I don't doubt Shaw's sources when it comes to his UK intel because UK is definitely a major player for BM, but it's laugh out loud funny to say that IU is merely "in the mix".

7 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I'm starting to like the portal more and more. The drama that surrounds high school kids can be a bit much. The length of time and the amount of resources that go into the recruiting process is ridiculous. At least with the portal you are done in a couple of months.

Woody: "I'm tired of this 17 year olds bullsh!t. Yasir; go get me some 21 year old  grown-@$$ man and tell the peoples in the front office how much he's gonna cost."

18 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Lighten up! S’all good

Thanks!  I already got suspended for a week once and I actually don’t even know what I said or did to warrant it and I have been trying to be careful not to repeat it.  I think many of us are a little touchy, but we do all have one thing in common, we want IU to win!!!  Yes, that even means MW succeeding!

36 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I'm starting to like the portal more and more. The drama that surrounds high school kids can be a bit much. The length of time and the amount of resources that go into the recruiting process is ridiculous. At least with the portal you are done in a couple of months.

I think a lot of us are right there with you!  To be honest, MW probably likes it better too!   I really simplifies recruiting!  These 17 year old kids really don’t know what they want in a program, get rid of the drama, headache and extra resources needed to recruit H.S. kids, and keep going after portal players.  

9 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Thanks!  I already got suspended for a week once and I actually don’t even know what I said or did to warrant it and I have been trying to be careful not to repeat it.  I think many of us are a little touchy, but we do all have one thing in common, we want IU to win!!!  Yes, that even means MW succeeding!

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Are You Serious Clark GIFs | Tenor

3 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Not really.  If I offended you or anyone else, then I am sorry!  But no I do not!  But thanks anyway!

I think there juuuust maaay have been one night when you posted but by the next day could not remember much of anything you did    :)

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I think there juuuust maaay have been one night when you posted but by the next day could not remember much of anything you did    :)

Seems sort of logical!!  We will go with that!  Now we can all move on!   Thanks for clearing that up!   

Enough about me, this is about Mullins!  There is just something about this recruitment that makes me think he ends up elsewhere but IU.  I think deep down he wants to play with Moreno!  I think if he was leaning IU, I think he would have already committed by now!  

I do think CMW can relate to older players as opposed to 16-17 year olds.  Maybe that’s why he was successful in the portal but $6+ million dollars doesn’t hurt either