Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

#4/#5 IUWBB vs #6 North Carolina - Thursday, 12/1/22 @ 6:00 on BTN

Henna Sandvik played 17 mins last night. Another FR from Europe, imo, she gave us some seriously good mins. Hit a three, shot another with confidence...  got torched on a drive to the basketball, but after that her defense was fine... 

She looked like she belonged. 

I stayed up well past midnight to watch this game, and I don’t regret it. That was such an impressive team effort. Scalia needs to be guarded as soon as she steps across half court. Those were some Coverdale-range shots she was making routinely. Wow, this team is exceptionally well coached and they hustle and move the ball so well. I wonder if they hop anyone after such a performance. It’s doubtful as all other teams ahead of them played well this week, but dang…that was a statement win!

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Teri Moren:

"We finished the business, right? You know, our men started it last night, and then we felt like we had a responsibility to finish off the Tarheels tonight."

Probably a handful of Heel fans running back to NC with their tails between their legs after 2 nights of getting clapped. That’s a shame. 

24 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Probably a handful of Heel fans running back to NC with their tails between their legs after 2 nights of getting clapped. That’s a shame. 

I remember taking an IU road trip during Crean's last year. Two games in one weekend: home against Nebraska and against Louisville in Indianapolis. Both soul crushing losses for IU.

I still had fun, but man those two games in three days made me feel a little like a sucker for being excited about the basketball-oriented vacation.

20 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I remember taking an IU road trip during Crean's last year. Two games in one weekend: home against Nebraska and against Louisville in Indianapolis. Both soul crushing losses for IU.

I still had fun, but man those two games in three days made me feel a little like a sucker for being excited about the basketball-oriented vacation.

Always a risk. Trying to talk myself into not caring about the result of the Kansas trip and just soaking up a bucket-list venue and a city I’ve never been to before, but I know a loss will hurt no matter what. 

4 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

From the women's bracketologist at ESPN. 

IMO -- it's way too early to worry about NCAA seedings, but it's nice to be recognized ... 

Especially by him. He had us badly under-seeded in last year's tournament. 

35 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Always a risk. Trying to talk myself into not caring about the result of the Kansas trip and just soaking up a bucket-list venue and a city I’ve never been to before, but I know a loss will hurt no matter what. 

Should have seen me Xmas morning last year waking up in PHX to see that half the Colts roster had covid lol 

Fit to be tied. haha... escaped with a dub though. 

I guess.. idk where you live, but are you driving? flying? I have kicked this idea around of going out there for this game, as well. 

48 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Should have seen me Xmas morning last year waking up in PHX to see that half the Colts roster had covid lol 

Fit to be tied. haha... escaped with a dub though. 

I guess.. idk where you live, but are you driving? flying? I have kicked this idea around of going out there for this game, as well. 

Driving. About a 6 hour drive straight across 70 for us. Would’ve flew but no direct flights and the departure times were horrible. 

On 12/2/2022 at 7:39 AM, JSHoosier said:

Has men's and women's hoops been top 10 at the same time before this year?  

Was thinking earlier this season we had a chance to do what UCONN did for a while, develop M’s and W’s bball into legit top powers, we’re close, and I think our long-term outlook is at least as good and probably better