Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) - Faith Wiseman to INDIANA

32 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Easier to take big girls (and guys) away like that in HS, compared to the college game. 

You saw it with Cody Zeller and TJD, as well, at times. 

Speaking of Zeller and coaching staff.  Playing Syracuse Cody had all season to develop a 10 to 12 foot shot which was not done.  In that game against Syracuse zone it was duck head and force inside.  In contrast Mackenzie Holmes has demonstrated that nice shot.

2 minutes ago, TTT said:

Speaking of Zeller and coaching staff.  Playing Syracuse Cody had all season to develop a 10 to 12 foot shot which was not done.  In that game against Syracuse zone it was duck head and force inside.  In contrast Mackenzie Holmes has demonstrated that nice shot.

I am not talking about a game that happened 8 years ago lol 

Yes, Holmes shot looks really good. She's also a SR. Cody was a SO. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I am not talking about a game that happened 8 years ago lol 

Yes, Holmes shot looks really good. She's also a SR. Cody was a SO. 

Since you first mentioned Zeller I just remember what I observed at the time.

1 minute ago, TTT said:

Since you first mentioned Zeller I just remember what I observed at the time.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound disrespectful... wasn't my intent. That game has a lot of false narratives to it. I'll leave it at that. 

59 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

29 game season:  16.1p,  9.4r,  2.5a,  1.6s,  2.6b,  2.4t

I am aware of her stats.  Indian Creek plays somewhat smaller schools.  My emphasis is her high quality star upside with F.W….a future star for IU Ladies basketball.

1 hour ago, TTT said:

I am aware of her stats.  Indian Creek plays somewhat smaller schools.  My emphasis is her high quality star upside with F.W….a future star for IU Ladies basketball.

One thing I have come to appreciate under CTM's development system is that if you 1) have the potential, 2) you are willing to be coached and 3) you are willing to put in the extra work, you can flourish.

Time will tell for our recruits on 2) and 3).

10 minutes ago, Todd41 said:

One thing I have come to appreciate under CTM's development system is that if you 1) have the potential, 2) you are willing to be coached and 3) you are willing to put in the extra work, you can flourish.

Time will tell for our recruits on 2) and 3).

It equals happy vs not so happy.  Currently, there is much happiness.  Plus the girls on the team who are not getting to play much realize what it is to be in a top rated situation vs another alternative.  

Named to the 2023 Indiana Junior All-Star Team.

Faith Wiseman, Indian Creek: The Indiana-bound Wiseman powered the Braves to their first regional championship. The 6-4 forward shot 53% from the floor, and averaged 16.1 points, 9.4 rebounds, 2.6 blocks, 2.5 assists and 1.6 steals over 29 games. 

June 4: Indiana Juniors vs. Kentucky Juniors at Jeffersonville HS

June 7: Junior-Senior All-Star game at TBA

On 2/20/2023 at 7:53 PM, TTT said:

16 points in loss at semifinal game vs Corydon Central.  Faith is not even leading scorer at Indian Creek.  Should have a better senior year.  Again, upside player (much upside) 2/18/2023

I was at this game.  My honest opinion is that Indiana and high level D1 basketball will be way too fast for Faith.  Hopefully I’m wrong and get a healthy serving of crow.  Corydon’s undersized center scored around 30 points on layups the whole game and she isn’t being recruited by anybody. 

On 2/20/2023 at 7:53 PM, TTT said:

6 hours ago, IUsafety said:

I was at this game.  My honest opinion is that Indiana and high level D1 basketball will be way too fast for Faith.  Hopefully I’m wrong and get a healthy serving of crow.  Corydon’s undersized center scored around 30 points on layups the whole game and she isn’t being recruited by anybody. 

Don’t disagree…6’4” upside….maybe role player, and on bench freshman and sophomore year and upside into junior year and senior year.  It will pretty much depend on her…work, weight room, 3 point shooting development, wing player who knows right now.  She had interest from other schools like Iowa and Maryland I think.  Maybe at some point she becomes a starter or maybe she becomes a player off the bench….it will ultimately depend on how much work she will put in.

Faith participated in the Adidas 2023 Eurocamp held earlier this month in Italy.

Faith Wiseman - USA Select                        
  W/L   Pts FGM FGA 3PM 3PA FTM FTA Reb Ast TO Stl Blk Min
Eurocamp 2 W   6 1 2 0 0 4 4 7 1 2 0 0 18
Eurocamp 1 W   5 1 4 0 0 1 1 9 1 0 2 0 25
3SSB Select W     0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 16

Count/Avg 3   3.7 25%   #DIV/0!   100%   5.3 1.0 1.0 1.0 0.0 20

Faith Wiseman (22 points, 16 rebounds) and Lauren Foster (18 points, 10 assists) both posted double-doubles and Wiseman scored her 1,000th career point as Class 3A No. 1 Indian Creek opened its season with a 64-28 home rout of New Albany. 

image.png