Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Lebowski

OC Candidates

1 hour ago, HoosierTownie said:

The Herald Times put out THIS LIST of potential candidates today.  It is for subscribers only, but I think I'm OK listing the names without the info/comments in the article (MODS - if not feel free to delete):

Robert Weiner Co-OC/QBs Toledo

Make Hart RBs Michigan

Kirk Ciarroccca Analyst W. Virginia

Justin Frye Co-OC/OL UCLA

Rod Carey ex-Coach Temple

Zack Kittley OC/QBs W. Kentucky

Also mentioned Grant Heard and Deland McCullough as 2 potential internal candidates

I literally thought this list was a joke. Matt Weaver did a list for Peegs it was a lot better than this one. Heard, Frye, McCullough, Hart have all never called plays, so why would we go with a bad play caller to someone who hasn't even done it. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

I literally thought this list was a joke. Matt Weaver did a list for Peegs it was a lot better than this one. Heard, Frye, McCullough, Hart have all never called plays, so why would we go with a bad play caller to someone who hasn't even done it. 

Hart called plays situationally when he was here and I believe Heard has too. I don’t want either of them as the OC, though. 

15 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Heard is co-OC so I'm assuming he called plays from time to time.

The Kittley guy from Western Kentucky is the best off that list really. He obviously knows how to get WRs into actual space and not just to the sidelines. He's young at 30. But it'd just be nice to have an OC who can actually scheme to put guys in a place to succeed for once. 

Do we think Dolson can deliver here like he did with the basketball staff? TA has limits but if we can get strong coordinators TA can fill the role at the top.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

10 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

The Kittley guy from Western Kentucky is the best off that list really. He obviously knows how to get WRs into actual space and not just to the sidelines. He's young at 30. But it'd just be nice to have an OC who can actually scheme to put guys in a place to succeed for once. 

It appears he know what he is doing.  

18 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

That's what I like about Willy Korn from Coast Carolina as well.  Korn was a quarterback that played at Clemson (made a start as a redshirt freshman but suffered a really bad elbow injury and was never the same.....transferred twice and then ended up at a D2 school by the end).  At Coastal Carolina, he was the wide receiver coach for a few years at a very young age, then was the quarterbacks coach, and I think the last three years has also been their co-offensive coordinator.  He's only 32 but with the path he's had to take to stay around the game (he was the #3 dual threat QB in the 2007 class and the #69 recruit overall in the nation....but loved the game so much that when the arm was shot went down to D2 to play) says a lot IMO.

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Sounds like Frye is taking DeBoer's spot at Fresno.

This is heavy message board/Twitter chatter, but sounds realistic.

One of the mods on the 247 Fresno board is saying that's not happening but the UCLA board is saying that it is so who knows lol 

45 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

He actually coached at IU before -- was OC during DiNardo's final season. 

49 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

He actually coached at IU before -- was OC during DiNardo's final season. 

Yeppers. Lot of experience, but probably not an exciting brand of offense and not a QB coach.