Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2025 General Recruiting Thread (BBall)

2 hours ago, Demo said:

That kid is in fire. The biggest names this spring, by a mile, are Mullins and Cenac.

I'm telling you brother. The last year watching him has been like watching a movie when a man turns into a werewolf. If you go see him and hear someone yelling Ray Allen, come say hi. If he ends up a legit 6'6" and 200 lbs he could start day one and be gone in a year. Clif Marshall will be who puts him in the lottery. 

Years ago I'd  argue relentlessly on a now defunct board that if IU took the best players every year off the Heat/Elite teams only, we would consistently be a top 10 team and compete for the big ten championship. I'm back round full circle again. I think if I squint it might be happening. I can rattle off 8 names on those teams or adjacent that have staggered levels of D1 talent. Even if we only got Windham, Robinson Brisco and Kohler that would be a really good class with 3 high end transfers. 

We will need 7 more players next year. I know Woody is trying to pin down a fab 5 but what would that cost? What's the right mix? After the big 3 would a Kohler or Brisco be better + 3 high caliber transfers. A top 10 high school kid is gonna cost you close to 1m. 

1 hour ago, BA47591 said:

I'm telling you brother. The last year watching him has been like watching a movie when a man turns into a werewolf. If you go see him and hear someone yelling Ray Allen, come say hi. If he ends up a legit 6'6" and 200 lbs he could start day one and be gone in a year. Clif Marshall will be who puts him in the lottery. 

That Movie was Teen Wolf

On 6/12/2024 at 12:53 PM, Demo said:

That kid is in fire. The biggest names this spring, by a mile, are Mullins and Cenac.

I’ll add one more that is flat out blowing up this spring, and he’s a very interesting player:

Now 6’9” from Cathedral Brady Koehler is also from an IU-centric family and has a brother in Btown. The P5 offers have started to fly in. He’s a stretch 4 that needs to gain 20 lbs. 

Last ranking cycles he was in the 200’s; as of this cycle 247 has him at #66 nationally, ahead of Sisley. Went from unranked to #88 nationally composite. No IU offer yet, but gotta think one is coming very soon, and also would think that Koehler and Sisley will vie for one IU spot between them.

IMG_3594.jpeg

7 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I’ll add one more that is flat out blowing up this spring, and he’s a very interesting player:

Now 6’9” from Cathedral Brady Koehler is also from an IU-centric family and has a brother in Btown. The P5 offers have started to fly in. He’s a stretch 4 that needs to gain 20 lbs. 

Last ranking cycles he was in the 200’s; as of this cycle 247 has him at #66 nationally, ahead of Sisley. Went from unranked to #88 nationally composite. No IU offer yet, but gotta think one is coming very soon, and also would think that Koehler and Sisley will vie for one IU spot between them.

IMG_3594.jpeg

Probably controversial, but I think Koehler has way more upside than Sisley. Koehler has grown 5-6 inches since his freshman year and is a lot more athletic than Sisley. He’s also way under the radar in the sense that last season was really the first year he’s gotten extended run at the varsity level considering he’s been behind Booker and Davis, now both B10 players, whereas Sisley has been a day 1 starter since his freshman year. 

Koehler’s jump to the EYBL circuit has certainly been big for his exposure as will playing on a Cathedral team who should be one of the better teams in the state once again. 

He's turned himself into a heckuva baseline shooter. Mullins, Sisley, Robison, Koehler, Brisco in that order. Not counting LA Lapoo 

I wonder why no one has asked Sisley if he'd like to re-unite to play with Haralson again?

9 hours ago, BA47591 said:

He's turned himself into a heckuva baseline shooter. Mullins, Sisley, Robison, Koehler, Brisco in that order. Not counting LA Lapoo 

I wonder why no one has asked Sisley if he'd like to re-unite to play with Haralson again?

Based on the recent officials Haralson has lined up, I think there’s a better chance we land him than Sisley. And still might get both.

-Haralson

-Mullins

-Sisley/Koehler

-Tiller/Moreno

would be one hell of a class

2 hours ago, AH1971 said:

Based on the recent officials Haralson has lined up, I think there’s a better chance we land him than Sisley. And still might get both.

-Haralson

-Mullins

-Sisley/Koehler

-Tiller/Moreno

would be one hell of a class

That be quite the class. Just like the Fland/Queen/McNeeley class people thought we were going to get. So far this staff has been much better with the short recruitments than the long ones so I guess we'll see if they get that figured out.

It seems that IU is already losing traction with Sisley in the view of message boards. It wasn't too long ago that he was considered close to a lock, now not so much.

18 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

That be quite the class. Just like the Fland/Queen/McNeeley class people thought we were going to get. So far this staff has been much better with the short recruitments than the long ones so I guess we'll see if they get that figured out.

It seems that IU is already losing traction with Sisley in the view of message boards. It wasn't too long ago that he was considered close to a lock, now not so much.

Not sure Sisley has ever been a "lock". I certainly never though he was at least. Purdue has one available scholarship and has been recruiting him the hardest for quite some time. 

Fland/McNeeley/Queen were all national recruits coveted by everybody. Most of our core targets are local products where IU has had a much better success rate regardless of who is coaching. IU made Mullins a priority well before he was even offered from the major suitors. I like where IU is with Tiller, Mullins, and Haralson and Moreno now more that Calipari is gone. Whiff on all four of those guys, yeah we're going to have a problem. Don't see it though.

23 minutes ago, Demo said:

https://x.com/TiptonEdits/status/1813249972386529402

Dezmon Briscoe, who both IU and Purdue kicked the tires on but never offered, still ended up with a pretty nice list. Anyone who knows the D logo without having to look it up is better than me.

Duquesne

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

No surprise on the guards. They’ve clearly gone all in on Mullins. They’ve been hanging around on Tiller for so long that if he values the loyalty piece you’ve got to give them a shot.