Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, BigJoe said:

Dennis Evans in portal from Louisville

7 ft plus former 5 star true center

Freshman season poor shoulder injury now cleared. Ballo backup and a project with potential upside #13

saw he committed to Grand Canyon today

1 hour ago, Napleshoosier said:

L-ville must have had big bags dropped on them.  Brown family?

the senoritas over at Rupp Rafters we’re complaining about it.  Lol

Louisville had $.  Still don’t think they know what they are doing over there, though.

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Michigan State guard A.J. Hoggard in the portal. 

He has his COVID year remaining, and Izzo apparently didn't want him back.

Initially said he'd test the NBA waters. Don't know if he still will, but he has entered the portal. 

11 points, 5 assists in nearly 29 minutes game last season. Nearly 35% shooter from distance. 

I have a feeling there's gonna be quite a bit of action on this one.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Humrichous to Illinois today.  Traded Goode for Humrichous

Granted I haven't had a chance to see Humrichous play really... but I'd call that a winning trade 

7 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Granted I haven't had a chance to see Humrichous play really... but I'd call that a winning trade 

Hard to say.  I’ve not seen enough. Both sides benefit. Indiana gets it’s shooter off the bench that is probably Goode enough to be a starter on a lot of teams and in a lot is situations.  

Illionis gets a bit rangier guy that they project to be a definite starter.  

Jury is out. 

14 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Hard to say.  I’ve not seen enough. Both sides benefit. Indiana gets it’s shooter off the bench that is probably Goode enough to be a starter on a lot of teams and in a lot is situations.  

Illionis gets a bit rangier guy that they project to be a definite starter.  

Jury is out. 

Definitely big benefit for both teams... I give the edge to Goode just based on the fact he's been playing in the B10 already in this role (very well) and has another year of eligibility. We'll find out if Humrichous' game translates up... the stroke looks pure, for sure. 

BABA MILLER. FSU

In portal , can play 4 and 5 and some 3 mostly considered a center or pf has outside shot needs the weight room. IU could help get him to NBA

May be looking for starting slot but

Could get many minutes backing Ballo and Malik 

Dude from BYU is looking for a new school for his COVID year. 

Played one year at Texas A&M. One at Arkansas. Two at BYU. 

So he will be on his fourth school in five years. 

This is just silly.

I say you get one free transfer, then you have to start sitting out a year. Unfortunately, the NCAA is pretty toothless these days, so even if they tried to bring some sort of order to this craziness -- they'd just get sued! 

https://x.com/247HSHoops/status/1784248629739286925

7 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Dude from BYU is looking for a new school for his COVID year. 

Played one year at Texas A&M. One at Arkansas. Two at BYU. 

So he will be on his fourth school in five years. 

This is just silly.

I say you get one free transfer, then you have to start sitting out a year. Unfortunately, the NCAA is pretty toothless these days, so even if they tried to bring some sort of order to this craziness -- they'd probably just get sued! 

https://x.com/247HSHoops/status/1784248629739286925

Academics have to be a nightmare when you transfer that often.

10 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I say you get one free transfer, then you have to start sitting out a year. Unfortunately, the NCAA is pretty toothless these days, so even if they tried to bring some sort of order to this craziness -- they'd probably just get sued! 

They did and they did. They lost. That is why there are unlimited transfers with immediate eligibility.

The NCAA's/schools' long time argument that the athletes are students first and definitely NOT employees in any fashion is really biting them in the @$$. When they then try to restrict the "student" athletes from doing things other students are allowed to do, they lose. It's that simple.

Andrew Stojakovic (Stanford) commits to California.  Final three included UNC and Kentucky.

BJ Freeman (Milwaukee) commits to Arizona.  21.1 pts, 6.6 reb, 4.1 ast

Dakota Leffew (Mt St Mary’s) commits to Georgia,  IU had contacted early.

Portal slowing down.  Yet to be seen if there will be a last minute rush to enter as the May 1st deadline approaches.  

Allen Udemadu of Morgan State enters.  6'10" freshman.  Played 25 minutes/game, averaged 7.8 points and 6.7 rebounds.  1.1 blocks per game.