Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Game Thread: Illinois @ Indiana Tues., Feb. 2, 9 pm ESPN/2

57 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Listen to the pregame to see who is available tonight. I think Galloway will be out, maybe someone else, but I think Franklin plays. Drink some pregame beers, roll a fatty and relax to watch an IU win. Archie, players, and Big Ten knows that IU needs this game. 

I'm not opposed to getting an all timer of a home whistle to pick up a nice W at this point. 

1 hour ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I'll continue to watch every game, although I will be recording the game tonight and watching after my school's first HS game of the year. I won't stay up late wasting my time win or lose. I want them to get back to what they were when I was in my 20s, but in the end, I'm not going to let losses, failure to play well/hard affect my life.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You live in Illinois, wooden?  I believe they were just starting basketball up.  At the school I teach at we've been playing since December....been a lot of postponement/cancellations as covid went through our program and other programs as well.  We've played 9 games.  Usually would be at about 16 at this point.

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

If Franklin is out, Leal best be starting and Lander better be getting plenty of playing time. We don't 35 minutes of Durham scoring 5 points. 

I am not a huge durham fan either. But just FYI he scored 13, 15, ,17 in the three games that Armaan was out. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

FYI.....the crowd in that scene are all students and teachers of the school I went to in high school (I was a senior that year).  Our English teacher had an in with the casting director and they paid to charter our high school to Knightstown for the filming of the first game.

FWIW, I was put on the visiting side, so I was rooting for the Olitic Owls.

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I saw my shadow this morning.  6 more weeks of not-so-pretty IU basketball.

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATIwMTAwAC0wMjQxLWE2NzEtMDACLTAwCgBGAAAD6%2FG8pBhTK06tDQ5SA%2FrJHAcADMRPbeyStkGd6rQy0gyAvQAAAgEJAAAAb0I1ozzuRECgIn0%2FvrQQCQADqG3SxQAAAAESABAAAfZdfDvvCEeNSgC%2FMieRXg%3D%3D&thumbnailType=2&isc=1&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjMwODE3OUNFNUY0QjUyRTc4QjJEQjg5NjZCQUY0RUNDMzcyN0FFRUUiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJ4NXQiOiJNSUY1emw5TFV1ZUxMYmlXYTY5T3pEY25ydTQifQ.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.SWeHFcd4C6TtLzikRlAlZJt4F7FSfopS-GVxPRKhMjWHkO46UXT--qidtNvUEUWIVK1UdLni6ykAoJA6-uL67w5Uuq_sW3cUutjYD8iHogQ7sE0gNt1ifju8HC8ItyvJZI4_SZrsAjoc1sqp3oWv6r6OWR6bSokqVu30NlLjuaz5dVWk9D_RahVuqLMpIDtRMyRXRU992LaqOgWSwcLFOzUzRCw0xle4W0r--ZoQ0XGwZNOu0s9Yt5PyTF-yAdfIvEmLPevbeILQF-dWggpLjU6Oza2GqRfaQkSZgarwxT9zoZcD08UNxTa1nbK7xfYL-sZUsqdpeSEX7A6BANoYjQ&X-OWA-CANARY=tiVWDv5QPEG_CGeU9d5XPACL0Citx9gYv8YFzL360vX0u7nI3o2g_UPSkg3rtdrcRZEfAQlB8qM.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20210125001.08&animation=true

6 weeks takes us to the first round of the NCAA. I knew we would be a tournament team

16 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Quit speaking facts and just blindly believe. :-) It's a new night, we're knocking them down tonight. Too early to start drinking?

Are you kidding? It's 1:16 in the PM HERE. So NO IT'S NOT TOO EARLY! Though I myself would be in the bonus by the 10 minute mark of the 2nd half. I don't know what that means but it's supposed to be a joke about passing out too early or something. 

1 minute ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Are you kidding? It's 1:16 in the PM HERE. So NO IT'S NOT TOO EARLY! Though I myself would be in the bonus by the 10 minute mark of the 2nd half. I don't know what that means but it's supposed to be a joke about passing out too early or something. 

Which might be a good thing in the scheme of things. My wife already said she's not watching the 2nd half. I should be lit by then

4 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Which might be a good thing in the scheme of things. My wife already said she's not watching the 2nd half. I should be lit by then

image.jpeg

Go Hoosiers. I WILL enjoy the game. One way or another.

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

is that the 10 year? 12 or more?

That's the 10 year. I strive for accuracy in just how happy I will be--or the level of sadness that I will need to overcome.

• If I were a Baylor fan this year I'd need the 15 year to celebrate.
  • If I were a Kensucky fan this year I'd need the 15 year to compensate.
  • If I were a Purdue fan I'd need to be ashamed of myself...every year.

48 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Quit speaking facts and just blindly believe. :-) It's a new night, we're knocking them down tonight. Too early to start drinking?

The rule I lived by in my youth was anything after 11:00 am is fair game.  Before 11 am it either had to be breakfast cocktail related (mimosa, Irish coffee) or you had to still be drinking from the night/morning before.  You're more than fine to be drinking!

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

The rule I lived by in my youth was anything after 11:00 am is fair game.  Before 11 am it either had to be breakfast cocktail related (mimosa, Irish coffee) or you had to still be drinking from the night/morning before.  You're more than fine to be drinking!

"It's 11:00 am somewhere?"  :)