Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Fred Glass goes off on the CFB disrespect of IUFB

10 hours ago, iubb said:

See Army

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Pat Forde had a tweet about that- Miss State is 3-7 and going to the ARMED FORCES BOWL....while 9-2 Army stays home. Beyond ridiculous. The BS about "contractual obligations" is most insulting.  Everyone knows you can just say "COVID 19" and you can do whatever you want. "They" are a bunch of grade D-bags. 

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

Out of an abundance of caution, I think South Carolina and Mississippi State should stay home for the holidays. 

Problem solved. 

That is another thing, what kind of pathetic losers accept a Bowl bid for a 2-8 team? That is possibly the single most embarrassing, un-sporting act I can think of in a long time. Genuinely disgusting. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/6548641002

In case anyone is curious as to which coaches around the country are adding to the blatant disrespect....Pat Fitzgerld and Mel Tucker need to be publically called out by CTA. November 13th 2021 better be a blood bath. Run it up...leave no doubt. Fitz can consider himself lucky not to be on the schedule next year...also either Dabo Swinney took the short bus to school as a kid or he needs his voting privileges revoked. Unbelievable  

52 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

That is another thing, what kind of pathetic losers accept a Bowl bid for a 2-8 team? That is possibly the single most embarrassing, un-sporting act I can think of in a long time. Genuinely disgusting. 

I'll be honest, I was really hoping Purdue would accept a bid somewhere just so we could give them sh*t about it. 

1 hour ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

In case anyone is curious as to which coaches around the country are adding to the blatant disrespect....Pat Fitzgerld and Mel Tucker need to be publically called out by CTA. November 13th 2021 better be a blood bath. Run it up...leave no doubt. Fitz can consider himself lucky not to be on the schedule next year...also either Dabo Swinney took the short bus to school as a kid or he needs his voting privileges revoked. Unbelievable  

I can’t really blame Fitz for putting northwestern over us tbh. I’d expect CTA to do the same thing in that situation. 

47 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I can’t really blame Fitz for putting northwestern over us tbh. I’d expect CTA to do the same thing in that situation. 

If he wants to put NW ahead of us even though there’s zero valid reason to do so on paper, fine...but don’t prop up Florida and conveniently leave IU out of the top 10. He is having the season he’s having because of Peyton Ramsey...who CTA supported in his decision to transfer there. It’s a busch league move by all accounts  

19 hours ago, iubb said:

Really is too bad.  IU got hosed big time.  Really, all we can do is go put it on Mississippi St, root for Iowa STate to get blown out (8-3 with a loss to louisiana and they get an CFP invite bowl)?

I've been pretty critical and pessimistic of our Football program.  I can honestly say, this years IU team has been one of my favorite teams of all time to watch.  The defense has been amazing and these kids just play hard the whole game.  Not to mention we gave Ohio ST their most competitive game, Northwestern was close.  I love me some Tom Allen!

19 hours ago, iubb said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, cthomas said:

Good for Glass. He was a much better AD than some wanted to give him credit for. Now, with no dog in the fight, he comes to the defense of our team when he didn't really have to. And he said things that a sitting AD can't. IF we keep winning and IF we start filling our stadium when fans are allowed back, the people in charge will not be able to ignore us. If we had beaten OSU, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Winning on the field takes care of everything.

I'm not sure IU would be ranked in the top 4 had they beat OSU and went undefeated.  It's abundantly clear there is zero respect for them.  

3 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Yeah, I wouldn't expect Fitzgerald to do anything differently. And he make well think his team is better. But the 2 coaches who actually played both teams, Chryst and Tucker, both had IU comfortably ahead of NW.

3 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Man, Dabo Swinney really thinks the Big Ten sucks.  Well, I guess he'll be able to prove it come Jan. 1.  

I'm not sure IU would be ranked in the top 4 had they beat OSU and went undefeated.  It's abundantly clear there is zero respect for them.  

I was thinking this same thing. If IU would have beat O$U and went on to beat NW in the championship game I believe we would be hearing how bad COVID affected the Buckeye program.

I’m fully expecting the “Yeah, but” with the bowl game. Yeah, but that was a horrible team in the $EC or yeah, but they were dealing with COVID issues.

Let’s beat the **** out of these programs and send the check for the bowl game back to the Big Ten offices in a mushroom stamped envelope!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app