Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Sports Only - PLEASE and THANK YOU

23 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Daughter had her first HS soccer game of the season last night. Nice to be able to watch them play again. Hard to tell how many they will get in so good to watch and enjoy 1 game at a time

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’m keeping stats for the football team where I teach....I never miss a game but with limited tickets this year, I decided that unless I was working for the team it was more important to not take a chance at keeping a relative of a player from seeing them by taking a ticket.

different rules at different stadiums....our home games are capped at 1625 (stadium holds 6000).  Every other row will be marked off and masks in seats unless eating or drinking.  

Place where we are going tonight (road game) is in a county with lower positivity and guidelines are more relaxed...,2000 tickets (1500 home, 500 road).  Fans are told that they may remove masks in their seats if they are socially distanced from non family members.

My town is football crazy....someone was scalping counterfeit tickets for the game because of the lack of tickets....one guy got taken for $200.

Impressions of the high school game tonight:  

it was good to see sports live (and our team come back from down 7-3 at half to win 24-10). The opposing administration did have some issues in terms of ticket sales....there was supposed to be 1,000 home and 500 road because of the difference in size of stands, but when they didn’t sell all of their home tickets they were telling hobart fans they could buy them which could have caused tight stands on the visiting side.  Fortunately, our fans were told if they did not have a ticket they couldn’t but at the gate because that is what the home team had said earlier was their policy.

Social distancing was okay in general.  Student sections didn’t have good spacing but the students seemed to be better about masking up than the adults.  

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

OSU and a few others trying to revive a fall season. Looking to have a 5 team BT season with each team playing each other 2x

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Well that would certainly be interesting from an eligibility standpoint.  Their seniors would be history and a bunch of other teams would have seniors returning.   I'll be shocked if it actually materializes.

16 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Well that would certainly be interesting from an eligibility standpoint.  Their seniors would be history and a bunch of other teams would have seniors returning.   I'll be shocked if it actually materializes.

I believe this is old news.  Not going to happen.

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jon Rothstein -   Sources:  Many guarantee games that were scheduled for the upcoming college basketball season now include clauses that will only pay mid-major opponents for their travel expenses if there are no fans in attendance.

Pretty short sighted.  Yeah you save some money this year but then don’t have cupcakes in the future to play

Looks like Alabama is getting hit hard University wide.  They have over 500 confirmed cases.  Wonder what impact that will have if any on college football or the sports world. 

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/university-of-alabama-coronavirus-140343391.html

Meanwhile at IU, I just had my second COVID test in 10 days.

Last week, I saw numerous students wondering about outside without masks on. This week I’ve seen far less to the point it’s rare I see two students next to each other without masks on. However, the majority of people in the gym are still choosing not to wear a mask.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

36 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Looks like Alabama is getting hit hard University wide.  They have over 500 confirmed cases.  Wonder what impact that will have if any on college football or the sports world. 

“Confirmed” with 2 tests from different labs?  Nope. 

40k students tested plus some retests after opening.  

another attention grab headline that doesn’t give all the important information necessary. 

57 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

If I am reading their site right, it looks like they started with 310 cases from people who came back to school?

15 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

If I am reading their site right, it looks like they started with 310 cases from people who came back to school?

Yes, they started school on the 19th.  So the majority of those tests are from people who were coming back.  That’s why they closed Tuscaloosa’s bars for two weeks after those numbers and are threatening to shut down the schools.  Notre Dame started getting their numbers in before the 3rd when they started and they are in the 400’s from that.  That’s why they went virtual.  Based on what other schools are doing I would imagine it’s at a coin flip at best now and if they see any surge from these initial cases they will close down that school.  

43 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

“Confirmed” with 2 tests from different labs?  Nope. 

40k students tested plus some retests after opening.  

another attention grab headline that doesn’t give all the important information necessary. 

What information are you looking for that wasn’t presented?  It had the Covid dashboard for that state which is different per state.  They reported what was based off that data.  That’s what Notre Dame is doing which we are seeing frequent data from here.  The only thing I did different was cite the website?  I am legit confused.

13 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

What information are you looking for that wasn’t presented?  It had the Covid dashboard for that state which is different per state.  They reported what was based off that data.  That’s what Notre Dame is doing which we are seeing frequent data from here.  The only thing I did different was cite the website?  I am legit confused.

Ok I googled HuffPost and found they are left leaning and Trump has called them fake news.  The article I posted itself is straight data from the Covid dashboard in Alabama with Governor commentary shutting down bars for two weeks and then potentially shutting down the school.  There was no in article commentary about the data from the reporter.  That’s where I was confused on why the right came out quickly.  I guess we will all believe what we want, but I will assume the governor won’t call himself fake news about the possibility of shutting down the school if things don’t turn around.

1 hour ago, Golfman25 said:

Hey man I checked Fox News because I figured there would be less dispute for that than others.  The 310 were not a part of the 500+ number on the dashboard per Fox News.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/us/university-alabama-more-500-coronavirus-cases-wednesday.amp

“The numbers don't include results from the entry testing conducted when the school restarted, which reportedly saw about 310 students test positive. On Monday morning, University of Alabama president Stuart Bell said that the students weren't to blame for the increase in cases.”

Ok I googled HuffPost and found they are left leaning and Trump has called them fake news.  The article I posted itself is straight data from the Covid dashboard in Alabama with Governor commentary shutting down bars for two weeks and then potentially shutting down the school.  There was no in article commentary about the data from the reporter.  That’s where I was confused on why the right came out quickly.  I guess we will all believe what we want, but I will assume the governor won’t call himself fake news about the possibility of shutting down the school if things don’t turn around.
You honestly didn't know Huffpo was left wing? Not a political question. I just thought everyone knew they were left wing like the Federalist Papers are right wing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, mdn82 said:

If the tests results all came back negative they would be good data and totally trustworthy.  They were positive so total fake news and simply party of an international conspiracy