Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB - News and Notes

37 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Grace Waggoner announced she will not return next season.  

This graphic is more interesting because it includes Gulbe but not Berger. Wonder if this means Gulbe has decided to move on and Berger come back another year.

7 minutes ago, Aaron said:

This graphic is more interesting because it includes Gulbe but not Berger. Wonder if this means Gulbe has decided to move on and Berger come back another year.

I've seen a separate graphic that included pictures of C-H, Gulbe, Patberg & Waggoner.  No Berger.  It would be huge if Grace decided to stay for another season.

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I've seen a separate graphic that included pictures of C-H, Gulbe, Patberg & Waggoner.  No Berger.  It would be huge if Grace decided to stay for another season.

Yeah not sure what this means in terms of Gulbe and Berger who have another year if they want it. Will be interesting to see tomorrow.

52 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Possibly Yarden Garzon, the young lady currently playing in Israel.

Moren says she plays point, but at 6’2” I’m assuming she’s not quick enough to guard other points.

Gotta believe we’re counting on Peterson for 30+ minutes per game.

Well the press conference today seemed to answer who will be back and who won't. Sounds like Gulbe has opted to move on and play overseas but Berger will return.

This leaves IU in an interesting scenario with their two best players back next year but needing to fill three starting spots. I imagine the transfer portal can find a very attractive option much like Cardano-Hillary and Patberg were.

The opportunity to play with two elite players like Berger and Holmes (who can absolutely score 20 points a game each rather than 15 like this year when their are not three other elite scorers on floor) and make a run in the NCAA Tournament will make it easy to find players there.

This happened to IU in soccer this year where they lost Victor Bezerra as the scoring forward, but with the rest of the players on the field back they were able to go into the portal and get Xavier's top scorer to be part of a team ready to win. I Imagine something similar will happen in offseason with this basketball team where another good big and point guard can be found from another school as this will be an attractive destination.

Well everything is breaking against IU. 

Looks like we are headed to IU-Maryland Friday of Big Ten Tourney which I see zero chance the Hoosiers win. I actually think they have a decent chance in a rematch with Michigan or Iowa but against Maryland no way.

If they can somehow get past Maryland I actually think they will win the whole tournament as OSU is their Saturday matchup and that is ideally what you want among top 4. In a championship matchup between Michigan and Iowa winner team definitely has a chance.

The problem though is if you don't get past Friday you will need to win a second round game in NCAA Tourney on road.

A Michigan win would give team Iowa, Michigan than OSU or Maryland in the final which would be far more preferable.

Team has been dealt a horrible hand between Holmes, COVID, and the way the Big Ten handled the rescheduling of games. Now the Big Ten Tournament bracket looks like it will be latest thing to break against IU. Just not their year for luck.  

Indiana women's basketball placed all five starters on All-Big Ten teams while graduate student guard Nicole Cardaño-Hillary made the All-Defensive team in the league's annual postseason awards.

https://indiana.rivals.com/news/iu-women-s-basketball-sees-five-players-earn-all-big-ten-honors?fbclid=IwAR0YEnKEeda5oQPQL735vPJk1UjsYzN6B3WdG2IEsM_HuTfvzdXp1JIcXn8