Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

29 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I was really hoping we would pass Xavier, but they are at 40.

If you want a laugh, check out Jerry Palm's bracketology.  He finally moved up IU to the first four out.....as the fourth team out.  Three spots below Florida.

and that's why he's 100th of 135 on the Bracket Matrix. Put him out to pasture.

35 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I was really hoping we would pass Xavier, but they are at 40.

If you want a laugh, check out Jerry Palm's bracketology.  He finally moved up IU to the first four out.....as the fourth team out.  Three spots below Florida.

Last one I saw last night from him that they were putting up on cbs sport network during halftime show he had IU as first team out, Michigan right behind IU 

11 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Last one I saw last night from him that they were putting up on cbs sport network during halftime show he had IU as first team out, Michigan right behind IU 

He just updated and had IU as second team out….still behind Florida.  And he has Texas A&M in the field….with two below them.

9 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

If I’m reading this correctly we moved up to last team off the play-in game

03186C4C-66B1-4476-8928-6D7A993CDE15.jpeg

If IU wins my logic is they would jump Michigan, ND, Davidson, Loyola Chicago and Wyoming. 41/42 would be a safe location. More growth could happen as well.

Delphi listed the 7 teams truly on the bubble as of today. IMO IU should be in the top 5 of those, but it is close.

Going 2-2 against those teams should count for something as well

7 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Delphi listed the 7 teams truly on the bubble as of today. IMO IU should be in the top 5 of those, but it is close.

Going 2-2 against those teams should count for something as well

Also interesting because three of those teams (ND, Xavier, and Michigan) do not have games left.

Win today and we're in obviously.  Lose and we're likely out at least as I see it.  Unfortunately Illinois is easily the toughest matchup for us in the B1G.  Will be interesting to see how Woody attacks Kofi.  He seems to always feast down low against us and Underwood always has them fired up against IU.  He really wants that bonus!

Do the committee voters have anything in front of them that states Phinnesee and Galloway missed a lot of games that we lost ? We know our record would be better, but does Indiana get a chance to make that pitch?

3 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Do the committee voters have anything in front of them that states Phinnesee and Galloway missed a lot of games that we lost ? We know our record would be better, but does Indiana get a chance to make that pitch?

IU will find a way to present that info to them. Whether they consider it or not is another thing.

3 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Yes.  Each conference has a person that the committee can lean on that gives them this information.   

If IU loses today and gets left out the 2 main reason that will get pointed out during the broadcast on Sunday will be their losing record against the top 3 Quads (12-13 if they lose today) and Non con Sos(309).   Jus to prepare anyone for why they won’t get in.    IU definitely could still get in with a loss today but if they don’t those 2 will be why.     If they win today then there is no discussion at all they are in and clear of the first 4.