Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OliviaPope40

IU vs OSU 2/10/19

1 hour ago, Josh said:

I'm not even frustrated after this game.  For those of you that are, let me share my secret.

It sucks to say, but you need to treat IU basketball like IU football.  By that I mean that you watch the game if you're home, but don't plan your day around it.  Today instead of planning to watch the game, I took my family to the State Fair.  It was a lot of fun.  We happened to get home with a few minutes left in the game.  I turned it on and saw exactly what I expected.  When you lower your expectations, you become happier.

As long as Archie keeps bringing these results, I don't even care anymore.  I'm sure a lot of you like to hear that I'm stepping away from IU basketball and posting about it.  Not completely away, just treating it like IU football.  If I'm home, I'll have it on.  If not, oh well.  There are a lot better things in life.  For the rest of the Archie era, I think I'm going to leave my postings to predictions in those respective threads.  You're welcome lol.  

I have no interest in lowering my expectations.  Of anything.  Nothing great is ever accomplished with lowering expectations.  I'm glad you had a great time at the fair.   That you made a choice that was better for you today.  I've done the same and it sometimes feels better to DVR the game and never watch it because I was doing something else.  Been there, done that.   Good advice.   But....that does not mean my expectations are lowered.

1 minute ago, Old Friend said:

You have no idea if he has what it takes to get the job done here or not.  What do you see so far that would give you even a glimmer of thought that's true?   On top of that, what have you seen that says he can do it here better than anyone else we could hire?  He's been here 2 years and his record is the same as Archie's.  29-26.  Stop it.   You're trolling.

You accusing others of trolling Is pretty rich. And if we aren’t firing Archie yet why would we fire his assistants at seemingly random. 

Still determined to make phinisee the only thing you are right about I see

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

You accusing others of trolling Is pretty rich. And if we aren’t firing Archie yet why would we fire his assistants at seemingly random. 

Still determined to make phinisee the only thing you are right about I see

I made a straw man comment which you are taking literally.   Well done.

Then you need to (again) remove your personal bias and do your homework, because that's an idiotic comment.  (while you're at it, take an English class.  Good Lord, man)

2 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

I made a straw man comment which you are taking literally.   Well done.

Then you need to (again) remove your personal bias and do your homework, because that's an idiotic comment.  (while you're at it, take an English class.  Good Lord, man)

Calling out grammar=admission of being wrong. 

All you make are straw man arguments. You aren’t capable of anything more. 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

No...calling out grammar = I don't tend to take seriously people who can't write.   

Really?  Try me.   What do you want to argue about?   Let's do that publicly because people are so interested it seeing that.   Would you like for me to copy/paste the brilliance you add to this board every day?   You've used the word "stupid" a lot.   So does my 8 year old.  Let's have it....go.

Archie sucks and everyone who wants to blame the roster on Crean sucks too! Was not a Crean fan but to blame him for the roster and them losing is just lazy. They games they are losing especially at home are about 90% on Archie. Stupid lineups and horrific offense have nothing to do with Crean.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

For giggles....  Here's what you have to offer....just in the last 4 hours.  Seriously.  Where do you come up with this brilliance?  (Congratulations on your rookie of the year status, though.  That's really cool.   With posts like these...you've earned it)

Yep....

Of course we are we only have 2 returning that we can trust

Pretty stupid to use a 1 and done for a multi year rebuild

Just a reminder Holtmann has had less time at OSU. And it was generally believed the cupboard was barer

Archie needs to do better

Tie the game then stupid shot and stupid turnover

We suck at unopposed shots. Whether they are open 3s or FTs

Edit :  Okay one more.  Since I've only been right about Phinisee.....here's a quote from you about Green.  Now where have I heard THIS before?    "Green has no feel for the game"

1 minute ago, Old Friend said:

For giggles....  Here's what you have to offer....just in the last 4 hours.  Seriously.  Where do you come up with this brilliance?

Yep....

Of course we are we only have 2 returning that we can trust

Pretty stupid to use a 1 and done for a multi year rebuild

Just a reminder Holtmann has had less time at OSU. And it was generally believed the cupboard was barer

Archie needs to do better

Tie the game then stupid shot and stupid turnover

We suck at unopposed shots. Whether they are open 3s or FTs

I post observations. You post flawed stupid arguments not based in reality. I’m gonna say mine has more of a point than yours. And I’m not exactly going to write a book from my phone

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

So we are ready to fire a coach forced to inherit a bad roster, who successfully recruited Romeo Langford and then had virtually every player capable of contributing get injured?

I’m torn.  However the injuries and bad roster is an excuse I’m getting really tired of.  Don’t forget Holtman has had less time on the job and widely regarded worse roster.  Let’s also not forget that Holtman won in AH last year as well.  Any educated fan should be able to see what came out of those timeouts in today’s game.  Combine that with the recruiting class OSU has coming in next year and it pains me to say this that unless something changes Holtman is going to own CAM.  I shouldn’t be surprised that Holtman being 2-0 at AH ...the guy can flat out coach.  It just pisses me off with what we got right now.

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I post observations. You post flawed stupid arguments not based in reality. I’m gonna say mine has more of a point than yours. And I’m not exactly going to write a book from my phone

Hey!  You used "stupid" again!!   Your vocabulary is really......good.  (That's an observation, right?)  You have posted observations....almost 13,000 times.  Nice.

Did you mean yours "has" or yours "have?"  Just curious.

I'd really like to see a new starting lineup next game, but don't see it happening.  I'd like to see a lineup of Phinisee/Durham/Langford/Morgan/Davis maybe we could get off to a good start; although at this point I wouldn't say much if a random person from the stands started in place of Smith.

3 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Hey!  You used "stupid" again!!   Your vocabulary is really......good.  (That's an observation, right?)  You have posted observations....almost 13,000 times.  Nice.

Did you mean yours "has" or yours "have?"  Just curious.

You already admitted you were wrong by attacking grammar. You don’t have to do it again. Sometimes it’s important to go easy on yourself. 

Archie sucks and everyone who wants to blame the roster on Crean sucks too! Was not a Crean fan but to blame him for the roster and them losing is just lazy. They games they are losing especially at home are about 90% on Archie. Stupid lineups and horrific offense have nothing to do with Crean.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

He went 9-9 with crean players last year so thats not the issue.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ap2345 said:

I know a lot of people put him in their second or third tier but I personally would have loved Holtman. I watch a lot of Butler games because I grew up with one of their players and the guy just knows how to win and the players like him. Not to mention he has always been pretty good at drawing up plays in big moments like we saw today. 

Holtmann took a ton of heat leaving to OSU, can you imagine if went from Butler to IU? I wonder if he would have come considering the betrayal factor of staying in state. 

I’m torn.  However the injuries and bad roster is an excuse I’m getting really tired of.  Don’t forget Holtman has had less time on the job and widely regarded worse roster.  Let’s also not forget that Holtman won in AH last year as well.  Any educated fan should be able to see what came out of those timeouts in today’s game.  Combine that with the recruiting class OSU has coming in next year and it pains me to say this that unless something changes Holtman is going to own CAM.  I shouldn’t be surprised that Holtman being 2-0 at AH ...the guy can flat out coach.  It just pisses me off with what we got right now.

Look at illinois also. Suddenly they are above us in the standings and he has them playing really well. He is a 2nd year coach.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Fighting among ourselves does no good. We're all pissed and we should be. Let's take a step back from the ledge and let this play out. I am amazed how bad this season has gotten and sadly alot of room for it to get worse.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

Man I’m usually with ya on this seasons dissatisfaction but Morgan is playing as an undersized center with a small forward height. I’m not blaming him. He does have his off nights, this whole team does.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Free Jake!!

I posted my concerns in the offseason about Morgan playing as the lone big for an entire season.  Unfortunately, I was right and going up against the likes of Ward, K. Wesson, Rutgers' bigs, Teske, and other Big Ten's bigs takes a toll as an undersized 5.  It would have helped to have had Davis available but we needed another serviceable big.

13 minutes ago, FraneT said:

Holtmann took a ton of heat leaving to OSU, can you imagine if went from Butler to IU? I wonder if he would have come considering the betrayal factor of staying in state. 

He did. But you never know. Also a lot of the betrayal came from the fact that he left so late that a lot of coaching candidates weren't available since they had already taken other jobs. Not to mention he took Kyle Young with him even though Young was from Ohio. 

25 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

You already admitted you were wrong by attacking grammar. You don’t have to do it again. Sometimes it’s important to go easy on yourself. 

Sure I did.  Wait....wrong about what?

Things I want to happen next game.

#1 I want Romeo to play a whole game on offense. Instead of waiting until the 7-8 minute mark to start playing. No more hiding in a corner. If he gets 5 charges so be it at least he was aggressive.

#2 DeRon in the starting lineup. I want to see high low offense with him and Juwan.

#3 Phinisee shooting a 3. If you’re open shoot it. If you are 0-3 from 3 keep shooting. You have to shoot it if you want to drive.

#4 Damezi... You’re not ready defensively granted... I want him to play a little bit more. I think his shot looks nice. I think when the ball leaves his hands it looks good everytime. Let him play and let him shoot.

#5 Race... It’s time to see what we have with him. Just play him. I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing him play. I just want to see what he can bring to the table. 

#6 Blowout... If the Hoosiers are down 15+ in the 2nd half in Minnesota start playing some of these guys on the end of the bench.