Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

Indiana vs Nebraska 1/14/19 6:30pm FS1

I know CAM doesn't play zone defense, I do not like zone defense, but jeez, it would have worked a hell of lot better than what ever that was on the last possession.  Do not understand Fitzner even being on the floor at this point.  Deron, or Clifton, but why Fitzner in for defense for that last play is inexplicable.  

Just now, hoosierdogg said:

I know CAM doesn't play zone defense, I do not like zone defense, but jeez, it would have worked a hell of lot better than what ever that was on the last possession.  Do not understand Fitzner even being on the floor at this point.  Deron, or Clifton, but why Fitzner in for defense for that last play is inexplicable.  

Clifton is lost on defense.  That last 3 was 100% on him.

Just now, hoosierdogg said:

That's what I thought in that situation....it was obvious they were going to just try to get something going to the bucket to end the half.

1 minute ago, Old Friend said:

Our half court offense is absolutely awful.   We need shooters in the worst possible way.   Good Lord.

Would we even do anything to get them open if we had them? Everything is contested and just feels forced, like no one can get open.

3 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

That was on him, and while he's often a bit clueless he at least has the mobility and length to sometimes make up for it. Fitzner is clueless and doesn't have mobility, length, athleticism, or anything.

Just now, Old Friend said:

He is, but Fitzner is lost on defense and his shot is gone.  Davis can't move.

As someone mentioned, we know that CAM doesn't like zone, but zone certainly helps when you have a big in the game that gets lost easily.

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Al is shooting over 42 percent for the season. Why aren’t we getting him a few more looks?

He missed his first shot, so he probably won't shoot again. That seems to be the theme lately.

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Al is shooting over 42 percent for the season. Why aren’t we getting him a few more looks?

I'm not sure how many minutes he's even logged, but it seems like very few.  He hasn't taken a shot yet.

The last 2 seasons I got so frustrated watching Newkirk this year it’s Fitzner. I mean once the guard saw Fitzner was in he went right at him. Fitzner can not play anymore outside of fouling at the end of the games or blowouts. He brings nothing. I’m curious to know his +/-