Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) OT Damon Kaylor

I blame you. 

Ha I didn’t even get to talk to his mom. Not that it makes a difference. He jumped up quick. The HNHS team is terrible and I went to every game last year. You know how often we have legit recruits. Not very in football. He hit a growth spurt if he is 6’5”. Last year he was 6’ flat. Like most at HNHS he was looking at your Depauw type of schools for football.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 6/7/2018 at 9:49 AM, mdn82 said:

Ha I didn’t even get to talk to his mom. Not that it makes a difference. He jumped up quick. The HNHS team is terrible and I went to every game last year. You know how often we have legit recruits. Not very in football. He hit a growth spurt if he is 6’5”. Last year he was 6’ flat. Like most at HNHS he was looking at your Depauw type of schools for football.

I'm from the area as well. I never have understood it. Pretty solid in basketball and baseball and Homestead and Carroll left your conference. 

On 6/7/2018 at 9:49 AM, mdn82 said:

I'm not disputing what you are saying because I'm not sure when he hit his growth spurt, but I'm pretty sure it was last July or August that I talked to his dad (job contact) and they were taking a trip to Syracuse because they were interested in him back then. He named a few other schools that they were talking to and I believe Michigan State was one of them. Just saying I think there's been some pretty legit interest for a while.

I'm not disputing what you are saying because I'm not sure when he hit his growth spurt, but I'm pretty sure it was last July or August that I talked to his dad (job contact) and they were taking a trip to Syracuse because they were interested in him back then. He named a few other schools that they were talking to and I believe Michigan State was one of them. Just saying I think there's been some pretty legit interest for a while.

Oh I don’t doubt the parents knew that then. But offers weren’t there. Think of basketball. A lot of these 2nd and 3rd tier players. They visit a lot of places that don’t offer. Let’s put it this way in Huntington. If you listened to every parent about their kids we have 10 high end D1 players every year. We haven’t had a true D1 scholarship (not walk on) level player since Matt Pike went to Purdue in the early 90s. We had some kids end up at IU or PU as walkons then get scholarships. That isn’t the norm. This is huge for this small town. Proud for the kid but it isn’t like when Sean Kline or big Kramer were around. Everyone knew about them. More so Sean really. It really didn’t help that our football team is truly atrocious. If someone said something I truly don’t remember it at all.