Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUBASE - 3 game series vs Purdue

3 minutes ago, rebelhoosier848891 said:

Great game and a great win for our Hoosiers! Televised...Walk-off homer—better luck next year little brother—there will be no series win for you —yet again! Boiler Down!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yet again? Didn’t Purdue win the series last year? 

Yet again? Didn’t Purdue win the series last year? 

Nice try. Purdue may have won a series at West Laffy last year but Purdue hasn’t won a series in Bloomington in the last 8 years (since 2010) —so the streak continues. Not that I am counting —but IU also leads the overall all time series wins total —So—yes—Indiana wins “yet again”! Facts are stubborn things....but I will say it was a competitive series....

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I had to stop watching after the 6th due to a family event I had tonight. I did follow for a bit on twitter and logged on to watch on my phone via BTN2go starting in the 12th as things wound down at the event and saw the winner. Got to say I talked about 50-50 games Friday and winning them being the difference between being good and great and we got the toss up game today. Other than that Walker error (which led to nothing) I saw nothing IU did to hurt itself to badly. We can debate the botched steal all we want but that's a 50-50 call in my world where you look like a genius if it works and an idiot if it doesn't. Beauchamp struggled for first time in a while and got rocked but that is baseball sometimes. We were gutty and got the needed and vital win to take the series and executed late in crunch time as we sometimes do not.   

This PU team is really feisty and finally headed somewhere with Wasikowski I think who much like Lemonis is new school and potentially even a better coach (although a bit to early to tell). Doug Schreiber was actually an excellent coach for many years but to old school and as the Big Ten improved he just lost his ability to keep up. Rich Maloney had the same problem at Michigan around the same time and was canned. For some reason Glass had him as his other candidate when Smith left and this more than anything makes me wonder if he knows how to hire a coach. Fortunately we went with Lemonis (who has flaws but has a lot of good as well and as I said is at least 'new school') because if Glass had gone with Maloney (who I am still not sure how or why Glass was stupid enough to make him a candidate) we would be a world of hurt right now with his older school ways. Instead Maloney went back to Ball State where he has really struggled there and fortunately not here. Really dodged a big time bullet.  

I want to be clear I like Glass in a lot of ways but sometimes his judgement when it comes to picking his final candidates leaves you scratching your head and its happened in a couple other instances. 

Onto Indiana State for another chance at another all important top 50 RPI win. Our RPI is 20 after this weekend and need to keep it around there if we want a chance to host a Regional which I am still not counting on.

B1G standings.

Michigan             6-0-0, 19-11-0    
Minnesota           5-1-0, 21-10-0  
Illinois                  6-3-0, 19-8-0    
Rutgers                4-2-0, 17-11-0     
Purdue                 4-2-0, 15-12-0    
Iowa                     5-3-0, 19-10-0     
Indiana                3-2-0, 22-6-0    
Ohio State           3-3-0, 20-10-0  
Maryland             3-3-0, 15-17-0    
Michigan State   3-5-0,  9-19-0    
Nebraska             2-6-0, 14-16-0     
Northwestern     1-8-0,  8-17-0    
Penn State          1-8-0,  7-18-0    

18 hours ago, rebelhoosier848891 said:

Nice try. Purdue may have won a series at West Laffy last year but Purdue hasn’t won a series in Bloomington in the last 8 years (since 2010) —so the streak continues. Not that I am counting —but IU also leads the overall all time series wins total —So—yes—Indiana wins “yet again”! Facts are stubborn things....but I will say it was a competitive series....

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

What is our all-time record against them? I haven't been able to find it anywhere.