Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2021 General Recruiting Thread

On 10/22/2020 at 9:19 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

RE:  Mustapha Amzil.  Had we extended an actual offer I'd be much more concerned.  A good coach has to keep kicking the tires and keep doors open if commitments don't fall in line as expected.

No offer yet and a new 247 article out today has 0 mention of IU.    North Carolina, Florida and even Kentucky got a mention as teams expressing interest now 

8 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

No offer yet and a new 247 article out today has 0 mention of IU.    North Carolina, Florida and even Kentucky got a mention as teams expressing interest now 

Sounds like an imminent situation!  Lol

While it would be nice to get Muhammad, we have Leal, Galloway, and Franklin with a similar projected position. 

I fully expect us to hear about us approaching a big or two in the next few weeks, and I’m thinking a transfer big is a likelihood for 2021.

The fan base is gonna need to adjust expectations from shiny ranked young kids, to what it will take to win.

Gonna need a Bielfeldt, not a Fitzner!

27 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

While it would be nice to get Muhammad, we have Leal, Galloway, and Franklin with a similar projected position. 

I fully expect us to hear about us approaching a big or two in the next few weeks, and I’m thinking a transfer big is a likelihood for 2021.

The fan base is gonna need to adjust expectations from shiny ranked young kids, to what it will take to win.

Max was great, wish we could find another one like him.

Yea, based on all that I don’t have my hopes up for Aminu. It just feels to me he ends up somewhere else. And true, if you study the roster we need a TJD replacement. I think, no matter who we get, that’s a drop off. I’d love to have a Kofi Cockburn type Center some day. Wish we had him on this team. We may truly be title contenders with a guy like him at the 5 this year. Not sure who or what Archie can find out there in the weeds.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

This article highlights what we already know- missing on Kaufman put IU behind schedule for this class. 

The saving grace MIGHT be the new free agency that the NCAA is creating. With transfers and extended eligibility this was probably the year to miss on some High school targets.....at least that is what I'm telling myself 

From 247Sports:  Five Classes that could surge after the early signing period.

Indiana

Prospects: Aminu Mohammed, Mason Miller

As of now the Hoosiers have one lone commitment in the class of 2021 with four-star prospect Logan Duncomb. One of Indiana's top prospects is five-star Aminu Mohammed. Mohammed will most likely not sign early but may potentially enroll in a program for the second semester of 2020-2021 season. Mohammed has taken a visit and keeps them in high regard putting them deeply in the mix. With that being said Indiana is among Kansas State and SMU of the teams that have open scholarship spots, although spots can open up elsewhere via a transfer. The Hoosiers also remain one of the top contenders to potentially land 6-foot-9 power forward Mason Miller.

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Five-Classes-that-could-surge-after-the-early-signing-period-Basketball-recruiting-154599159/?fbclid=IwAR0JVIjL56_H_f6v89vWMgwMQdu0Rit1mnfoUriVvHCSpwemcd7x3Qc_FCs

23 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Is this kid about to explode?  Otherwise this is concerning 

Kid has been in the states for about a month.  In that month he has gotten high major offers.  IU kicked the tires earlier and decided to offer today in a zoom call. I don’t know enough about him to know if it’s concerning are not.  I posted an article earlier in a thread that Kentucky and North Carolina had called about him

36 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Is this kid about to explode?  Otherwise this is concerning 

As of Oct. 22, he had the following offers:  DePaul, Georgia Tech, Kansas State, N.C. State, Maryland, St. Johns, Boston College, Oklahoma State, Dayton, and Pittsburgh.