Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

31 minutes ago, Demo said:

Beilein has always been the 1 guy I am completely confident is perfectly clean. If that turns out to be wrong, I'll just give up on cleaning things up. Let's just turn recruiting into free agency, complete with a salary cap. 

I don't know why anyone would throw out Michigan as a name. Beilein was just named the cleanest coach in college bball by his peers:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/candid-coaches-who-are-the-high-major-coaches-who-dont-break-ncaa-rules/

of course, Izzo is #6... lol

On 2/9/2018 at 10:30 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Unbelievable new development if this story is true. 

The Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday morning that an FBI agent involved in the case in an undercover capacity is under criminal investigation for misappropriating money for drinking, gambling and eating. Ultimately, the Journal reported, it could compromise the FBI agent’s ability to serve as a witness for the prosecution.

https://sports.yahoo.com/college-hoops-corruption-case-hits-snag-due-fbi-conflict-232134624.html

U.S. District Court Judge Lewis A. Kaplan on Thursday denied a motion to dismiss federal criminal charges against three of the 10 men arrested for their alleged roles in the FBI's two-year investigation into college basketball corruption. Attorneys representing former Adidas executives James Gatto and Merl Code and former sports agent Christian Dawkins argued in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York on Thursday morning that what their clients are accused of doing -- allegedly funneling money from Adidas to the families of high-profile recruits to ensure that the players signed with Adidas-sponsored schools, and then Adidas and certain sports agents and financial planners once they turned pro -- doesn't constitute a federal crime.

FWIW, I've been beating this drum of paid recruits for a long, long time and many people on here have given me crap for it over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Not me. I want it cleaned up always respected iu when knight was here for playing fair or so i believe. I want us to run a clean program and win the right way. If crean cheated i hate him and will be devastated cause we sucked

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Why?

Because it would just be such an IU thing. We tear our program down because our coach was addicted to his cell phone while there are programs winning banners with kids who didn't even graduate from high school.

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Multiple sources who’ve been briefed on the case and are familiar with the material obtained by feds told Yahoo Sports that the impact on the sport will be substantial and relentless. Sitting under protective order right now are the fruits of 330 days of monitoring activity by the feds, which one assistant US Attorney noted Thursday was “a voluminous amount of material.” That includes wiretaps from 4,000 intercepted calls and thousands of documents and bank records obtained from raids and confiscated computers, including those from notorious NBA agent Andy Miller.

“This goes a lot deeper in college basketball than four corrupt assistant coaches,” said a source who has been briefed on the details of the case. “When this all comes out, Hall of Fame coaches should be scared, lottery picks won’t be eligible to play and almost half of the 16 teams the NCAA showed on its initial NCAA tournament show this weekend should worry about their appearance being vacated.”

Ho.  Lee.  ***.

Honestly just as big as they make it seem, and we have a known connection to someone we know was dirty. Vonleh comes to mind

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I swear if that dude was paid i will lose it. He quit to save his draft stock. Wont call names but i have a few i would say. Nobody under crean should have gotten a dime besides vic and he didn't cause he blossomed later on. Not one guy should have been paid. I am drinking tonight so sorry if i am being harsh but if we paid anybody under crean i am mad. I would pay morgan and mcbob before anyone under crean