Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

2018 General Recruiting Thread

Umm maybe we dodged a bullet with Carmody.  We all read the quotes about how "tough" he is, but this looks like something else.  This is a video a rival of Carmody's team made before a game.  Full on Grayson Allen, if not worse.

Nuts!

1 hour ago, schimpfj said:

Apparently there's a 5 star recruit on campus today...anyone know who?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm pretty sure Damezi Anderson is visiting today, but I may have made that up.  I know he's at least planning on visiting in June so maybe it's him.  He's a 4* though.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We haven't moved to 'off the radar' kids yet, so I'm excited about that.

I still think 1-2 in the class will likely be less heralded, but I'm hoping to get 3 of our initial targets.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm just glad with the strategy of not going with a scattershot offer every single guy you watch that we saw with the last regime. 

On a scale of 1-10 how would we feel as a fanbase landing a class of:

Phinisee
Anderson
Hunter
Race Thompson.

While admittedly, it would be a very solid class, I won't be impressed to the point I believe we need to be unless we woo a 5 star (Dort, Garland, Romeo) or a trio in the top 70. (Carey, Race, Johns, Anderson, Duke, etc).

11 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Phinisee
Anderson
Hunter
Race Thompson.

While admittedly, it would be a very solid class, I won't be impressed to the point I believe we need to be unless we woo a 5 star (Dort, Garland, Romeo) or a trio in the top 70. (Carey, Race, Johns, Anderson, Duke, etc).

Solid yes and something for Archie to build on but I'm greedy and I'd like it to have a little more pizzazz.   On the other hand, we can't let ourselves forget that Archie's the new kid on the street and he's having to build some strong relationships in a very short span of time.   How do you feel about Bazley?

Unless he's been upgraded isn't Dort a 4-star and not a 5?   I though Garland and Langford were the only 5-stars with current IU offers in the '18 class.  And when you say Hunter you are referrring to Jerome and not Eric correct?

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Phinisee
Anderson
Hunter
Race Thompson.

An 8 considering the time frame. Solid foundation to build on.