Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Isaiah Stewart to Washington

15 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

http://www.insidethehall.com/2017/07/19/rochester-native-isaiah-stewart-talks-indiana-thomas-bryant/

Couple of extracts:

Stewart, a Rochester, New York native, is close friends with former Hoosier and fellow Rochester product Thomas Bryant...

“Coach Archie Miller has been texting me,” Stewart said of Indiana’s involvement. “He’ll text me every day or two and check up on me and see how I’m doing and how things are going.”

Georgetown is also involved and Stewart says new head coach Patrick Ewing makes the Hoyas an interesting option.

“Patrick Ewing is making me a priority,” he said. “He definitely knows what he’s doing when it comes to big men and he’s been to a level that other big men want to get to.”

Has anybody told the kid that NBA big men have changed dramatically since the term Ewing effect was coined?

42 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Fo sho. Brooks and Watford are must gets in this class. After that, I'm not sure

Since they play the same position in my opinion landing both of them will be extremely hard to do.  some scouts have IU in great shape for both but said the possibility of landing one is high, landing both would be a stretch since they are both versatile SF

20 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Since they play the same position in my opinion landing both of them will be extremely hard to do.  some scouts have IU in great shape for both but said the possibility of landing one is high, landing both would be a stretch since they are both versatile SF

I think it's very possible that one could be a wing and one could be a big

Just now, Hoosier Guy said:

I think it's very possible that one could be a wing and one could be a big

You might think it is possible but the only thing that matters is if the player thinks it's possible and from reports they both want to fill the same position 

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

You might think it is possible but the only thing that matters is if the player thinks it's possible and from reports they both want to fill the same position 

Archie has gotten two players in 2018 that play the same position. I don't think it's a stretch to say the same could happen in 2019

4 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Archie has gotten two players in 2018 that play the same position. I don't think it's a stretch to say the same could happen in 2019

Convincing 2 top 15 players nationally will be harder then convincing 2 players rated closer to 60-80's to play the same position.   

I just think it will be harder then most think to land both.  

9 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Convincing 2 top 15 players nationally will be harder then convincing 2 players rated closer to 60-80's to play the same position.   

I just think it will be harder then most think to land both.  

I didn't say it would be easy to land both of them. But it's a good possibility that both end up at IU

1 minute ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I didn't say it would be easy to land both of them. But it's a good possibility that both end up at IU

When was the last time 2 top 15 recruits at the same position went to the same school not named Duke or Kentucky? I don't think history is on our side on this one and is the reason I think the possibility of both going to IU are slim 

20 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

When was the last time 2 top 15 recruits at the same position went to the same school not named Duke or Kentucky? I don't think history is on our side on this one and is the reason I think the possibility of both going to IU are slim 

As always, you can think what you want

4 hours ago, VO5 said:

From reading around I think we will definitely get TJD. If we can get 2 more out of Brooks, Watford, Hurt, Okoro, Igiehon, and Stewart I'll be a very happy fan.

Throw Cole Anthony in there as well

I don't think it's even a question as to whether or not Watford and Brooks can play together. Watford is a SF and Brooks is a SF/PF. In fact according to ESPN and Rivals Brooks is a PF which I personally agree with after watching him play a couple of times because I thought his athleticism was a question mark to match up against elite SF's.