Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Good thing Donovan and Marshall are 6 & 7 on my list. I can go ahead and eliminate 1. Tom Crean
2. Groce
3. Alford
4. Romar
5. Shaka
sad to see my top 5 be off the table, but Ill settle for 6 or 7. 

I think you are so wrong about Glass. From the news conference yesterday he seemed that this separation has been in the works for a while. I don't think he will screw up this hire. I'm sure there are limits as to what he can offer and he will do his best to get a high caliber coach. This will be his legacy.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

It's also important to note that when HickoryHoosier said there was a 99% chance Crean's firing would be announced, he also hinted that we could possibly find out who the replacement would be at the same time. Even though he said it was very unlikely, it took me by surprise and might have been a hint that we already have our guy... 

IF Donovan were to happen, and I still don't want to get my hopes up, I could actually see it announced before, but him not officially join until after.
If we're in mid-April and have made no coaching announcement it's going to be obvious we're looking NBA.  It wouldn't take long for people to start looking in his direction.  That kind of hire, I'm not sure it could stay on the down low that long.

Yep, and they are getting bounced in the first round. End of April then.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

47 minutes ago, BTOWN said:

It's also important to note that when HickoryHoosier said there was a 99% chance Crean's firing would be announced, he also hinted that we could possibly find out who the replacement would be at the same time. Even though he said it was very unlikely, it took me by surprise and might have been a hint that we already have our guy... 

You're right, I forgot he said that, too.

The guys on 247 seem very confident about Billy D. First I have went over there honestly during all this. Didnt read everything but read enough to really get my hopes up. These guys will not have many fans for a few days if he doesnt come here. A month is a VERY long time to go without a coach but at a school like IU where you can afford to sit back and wait and still expect recruits to give you a shot it is worth it. If we dont have our coach at the beginning of April by then we should know if rumors have legs. I will be patient. This thread may become the new fire tom crean tho.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

15 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

The guys on 247 seem very confident about Billy D. First I have went over there honestly during all this. Didnt read everything but read enough to really get my hopes up. These guys will not have many fans for a few days if he doesnt come here. A month is a VERY long time to go without a coach but at a school like IU where you can afford to sit back and wait and still expect recruits to give you a shot it is worth it. If we dont have our coach at the beginning of April by then we should know if rumors have legs. I will be patient. This thread may become the new fire tom crean tho.

It's just a matter of time. Donovan is gonna be the next coach and IU will once again be elite

Meant to post this earlier, but the discussion about Donovan's fit at Indiana was maybe the first time I've heard Florida and East Coast lumped together. Does anyone else ever associate Florida with the East Coast? I guess I've always thought of Big East and ACC basketball when thinking about that part of the country. 

Meant to post this earlier, but the discussion about Donovan's fit at Indiana was maybe the first time I've heard Florida and East Coast lumped together. Does anyone else ever associate Florida with the East Coast? I guess I've always thought of Big East and ACC basketball when thinking about that part of the country. 

Florida... is Florida. The east coast is very different.

Mile and Btowninsider were right all along of the firing and timing of it. Mile stated that he first heard of a possible "divorce" between FCTC and IU on Feb 3rd. Btowninsider has been steadfast about the Donovan recruitment and hiring for awhile also. Who knows? We will see.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

Mile from what I saw also flip flopped a few times and always left himself an out that most people never caught on to. I think he legitimately does have sources but I'm not convinced they're as good as what some think.

Mile from what I saw also flip flopped a few times and always left himself an out that most people never caught on to. I think he legitimately does have sources but I'm not convinced they're as good as what some think.

I think the situation did flip flop a few times after IU lost to GT. I have no sources, but it explains the uncertainty. I trust Mile and 0708, Hickory, Janitor in the moment, but do think this thing wasn't done until very late in the process.

I think the situation did flip flop a few times after IU lost to GT. I have no sources, but it explains the uncertainty. I trust Mile and 0708, Hickory, Janitor in the moment, but do think this thing wasn't done until very late in the process.

Janitor has not said a word about Billy D but even he backtracked himself the day before saying if things end they end badly. Janitor is well sourced though so I still trust him. These guys on 247 I have no clue if their legit but they have been 100% in saying Billy is coming. I am sure the more rumors we hear they may take some things back but I truly believe it could happen. No offense to OKC I love Victor but he is a 3rd option on a good team. 4th on a great team. Adams is a solid player but he probably knows unless they get another star and a few more role players a title isnt happening.