Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

I've been looking at old Florida rosters from the Donovan, days and though he didn't really recruit the midwest that much (he did land Bradley Beal, Corey Brewer, David Lee and a few others sprinkled in), he recruited the state of Florida HARD. That right there shows me that he likes to recruit in his back yard and I have no doubt that if he came here he would do the same in Indiana/ the Midwest. I don't think it's 100% necessary to "Lock down the state", but there is a hotbed of talent around here and I think he would recruit it well. 

We have such a casual fan base and casual AD if he Alford is the next coach.

On the other side, why would you leave UCLA for Indiana? That's a downgrade. He's got great recruiting classes coming in, easy conference, LA, weather, money.

Alford was made for UCLA

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

5190763.jpg

Wtf?

I know Rabjohns has disputed this tweet but it does make me a little nervous nonetheless.  Doyel's latest is a column as to why IU should not hire Alford but there is one somewhat interesting paragraph in his column.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2017/03/19/doyel-steve-alford-noise-deafening-and-kind-dumb/99361610/

The Alford-to-IU noise is so loud, coaches around the country are telling me what they’re hearing: They expect Adidas — IU has a $54 million contract with Adidas through 2024 — to pay Alford’s $7.8 million buyout at UCLA. It too was an Adidas school when UCLA hired Alford in 2013, but the Bruins recently left Adidas for a 15-year, $280 million deal with Under Armour. Adidas would love to return the favor and help Alford leave UCLA. That’s what other coaches are hearing, and telling me.