Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Can anyone legitimately confirm that this big meeting of the minds actually took place today/tonight? Assuming it didn't take place in a secret underground bunker, at least this basic fact should be able to be certified.
Seriously, did it happen? For sure?

I doubt anyone legit would confirm it. Next scheduled meeting for the board is in April. Doesn't mean they can't make a vote happen. The only way the board acts as it has according to speculation here would be a vote of no confidence for Glass which they would then fire him then Crean. To keep someone that is a budgeted employee of the state is not their job. I call BS. They can "urge" Fred, but if they didn't trust his judgement they would just fire him. That one doesn't add up.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Alford Bailey said:

Rabjohns thing getting downplayed on 24/7

By who? A credible reporter or more anonymous posters? Like I said until someone credible says differently unfortunately I have to believe Rabjohns as much as I don't want to.

Edited by Aaron

Just now, Aaron said:

By who? A credible reporter or more anonymous posters? Like I said until someone credible says differently unfortunately I have to believe Rabjohns as much as I don't want to.

Rabjohns has not tweeted anything out

How is he a credible reporter on coaching situations? He is 0-2.

2 minutes ago, bnkepner said:

Except now its been reported on 247 that Rabjohns' sources said it was just their opinion that Crean is back. Nothing confirmed, hence why Rabjohns hasn't tweeted anything out

Like I said that may be true but until I get something else credible I have to believe someone like Rabjohns over all this other speculation. Don't want to believe it but logic says go with the guy who's face you have seen.

He may very well be back, but Rabjohns is not the only one that would hear anything. Osterman, Doyel, and Bozich would all put that out there. Dakich would hear as well. He would be the first one to call all IU fans idiots. He may fall into this one, but he isn't infallible on coaching speculation. If he was, Lon Kruger would be our coach and Tom Crean would be at Alabama.

Like I said that may be true but until I get something else credible I have to believe someone like Rabjohns over all this other speculation. Don't want to believe it but logic says go with the guy who's face you have seen.

Show me where Rabjohns said this. Someone on a message board saying he said it doesn't count.

7 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Clickbait for their pay site IMO. If legit he would want to break it first. Nothing on his Twitter.

0708 and mile over on 247 99% sure crean is gone tomorrow but new coach will not be announced. i dont know if i beleive them or not. i want to. its the trustees vs glass. and its not like they said it and left they are there answering questions and posting. everytime im over there they post what they heard and are gone

2 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

Show me where Rabjohns said this. Someone on a message board saying he said it doesn't count.

This is where I'm confused. Did Rabjohns post that Crean is staying, or did someone else post that? Nobody is being clear about that & im tempted to go buy a sub to find out...

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

He may very well be back, but Rabjohns is not the only one that would hear anything. Osterman, Doyel, and Bozich would all put that out there. Dakich would hear as well. He would be the first one to call all IU fans idiots. He may fall into this one, but he isn't infallible on coaching speculation. If he was, Lon Kruger would be our coach and Tom Crean would be at Alabama.

Like I said I won't believe anything until I see it for sure. What I do know is what Rabjohns said and that Osterman said today on a podcast with the Star he's heard of no changes. Doyel has said he's heard of no changes despite the article and JMV said on his radio show he's heard IU doesn't want to fire Crean. As I said everyone could be misinformed and deliberately mislead (I posted on this earlier) but tea leaves point to him staying from people who's face I l know. I also know one of the four guys personally mentioned above but not going to say which. Trust any of them before any message board poster.