Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Feathery

IU Candidate: Billy Donovan (OKC Thunder)

http://albersangle.com/sources-billy-donovan-visits-indiana/

Oklahoma City Thunder coach Billy Donovan was in Bloomington today to meet with Indiana regarding its open coaching position, multiple sources told me this afternoon.

Donovan flew into Monroe County Airport on a Cessna Citation jet with his wife and two other men, the sources said. The Thunder are off until Sunday when they visit the Houston Rockets in a nationally-televised game.

Donovan was back in Oklahoma City in time for Thunder practice this afternoon.

Donovan led Florida to back-to-back national championships in 2006 and 2007 and has reached four Final Fours and seven Elite Eights in his career. He’s in his second year with the Thunder, a job he took for the opportunity to coach both Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook. Durant departed to join the Golden State Warriors over the summer.

Donovan has a 5-year, $30-million deal with the Thunder, so the Hoosiers would certainly have to pay up to pry him away. But I’m told money is not an issue for Indiana athletic director Fred Glass if he can get the guy he wants.

http://albersangle.com/sources-billy-donovan-visits-indiana/
Oklahoma City Thunder coach Billy Donovan was in Bloomington today to meet with Indiana regarding its open coaching position, multiple sources told me this afternoon.
Donovan flew into Monroe County Airport on a Cessna Citation jet with his wife and two other men, the sources said. The Thunder are off until Sunday when they visit the Houston Rockets in a nationally-televised game.
Donovan was back in Oklahoma City in time for Thunder practice this afternoon.
Donovan led Florida to back-to-back national championships in 2006 and 2007 and has reached four Final Fours and seven Elite Eights in his career. He’s in his second year with the Thunder, a job he took for the opportunity to coach both Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook. Durant departed to join the Golden State Warriors over the summer.
Donovan has a 5-year, $30-million deal with the Thunder, so the Hoosiers would certainly have to pay up to pry him away. But I’m told money is not an issue for Indiana athletic director Fred Glass if he can get the guy he wants.

Albers going all in.

I think this is the way it's going to go.  The more I think about it and put reason to it (no way Westbrook hangs around, for example; and the contract he'll get at IU, etc); I think he's the guy.  I'm pretty confident based on what I have seen and know that he was indeed in Bloomington today   I'm warming up to it....a lot.  Think this is it.  "Think" being key word.

12 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

I think this is the way it's going to go.  The more I think about it and put reason to it (no way Westbrook hangs around, for example; and the contract he'll get at IU, etc); I think he's the guy.  I'm pretty confident based on what I have seen and know that he was indeed in Bloomington today   I'm warming up to it....a lot.  Think this is it.  "Think" being key word.

Do you have something other than Albers to rely on for BD reportedly in Btown today?  Just wasn't sure from the wording if you were relying on Albers or had some other corroborating evidence.

Just now, Double Down said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source close to Billy Donovan says he has not been contacted by Indiana.</p>&mdash; Brett Dawson (@BDawsonWrites) <a href="https://twitter.com/BDawsonWrites/status/845451597106892800">March 25, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well we know thats a lie.  Because if its true Glass might as well quit