Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) DE Beau Robbins to IU

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1730308-hoosiers-move-first-on-in-state-sophomore

On Friday, Carmel advanced to the state title game with a win over Mishawaka Penn.

A large part of that victory was a defense which held Penn to 10 points and notched seven sacks on the night. Three of those sacks were by sophomore defensive end Beau Robbins, a 6-foot-4, 230-pounder who is poised to become one of the Midwest's top recruits in his class.

Indiana, a school that has commitments from senior teammates Britt Beery and Kurt Rafdal, rewarded him for his outstanding play this season with his first scholarship offer on Sunday.

"I'm very excited," Robbins said. "It's great that the school is close to home." That distance has allowed Robbins to get to campus and become familiar with the Hoosier program." I've been to a few games. They have great facilities and an excellent program. The coaches have all been very nice and knowledgeable about my strengths as a player."

Robbins says he is not hearing from any other schools at this time, but that is very likely to change. Even if it does, as it did for Beery and Rafdal, the Hoosiers will always have the distinction of being first and closest.

Carmel will face Center Grove for the state title on Friday night at 7 p.m. from Lucas Oil Stadium.

Carmel (Ind.) High Top247 2019 defensive end Beau Robbins has 10 early offers with a couple programs making an impression early in the process.

“I’d definitely say IU, I’m in contact with them a lot,” Robbins told 247Sports. “Michigan State, I’ve been talking to them a decent amount and went up and visited them.”

Other offers for the 6-foot-4, 238-pound Robbins include Louisville, Minnesota, Northwestern and Purdue. He’s not thinking much about recruiting as he plays out his junior season but plans to dive back in after the fall.

The Hoosiers were the first program to offer Robbins and that relationship has really developed over the last year.

“I think they’re definitely putting something together,” Robbins said. “I think in a couple years they’ll be really good. It’s awesome, they’re an hour and a half away, it’s right at home. I really like all the coaches there. I really like Coach Hagen. I talk to him a lot.”

http://indiana.247sports.com/Article/Beau-Robbins-talks-interest-in-Indiana-and-other-top-schools-108045637

@Hoosier_Huddle: #iufb #Hoosiers Meet the Top Targets for #IUFB's Class of '19. http://hoosierhuddle.com/hoosier-blog/meet-the-top-targets-for-iufbs-class-of-19/2018/2/20

WDE Beau Robbins- Beau Robbins stands in at 6’4 and weighs 238 pounds is flat out one of the best prospects in the state of Indiana. Robbins attends Carmel and helped lead his team to an 8-5 record last season. Robbins was also in attendance for IU’s Junior Day and has been regarded as one of their top targets in the whole class. He is rated 280th by 247 and has a composite average of 236 by other recruiting services, so the talent is obvious. Weirdly, the rest of the country hasn’t took notice like the B1G has in Robbins, but there is definitely power 5 interest and I expect his stock to continue to rise.

Wow! I really was concerned with recruiting once we fired Wilson and named Allen as the HC. To me, it was his biggest question mark. So far it doesn't really seem like recruiting has really dropped at all. In some cases, Allen has gotten more creative with the grad transfer route. Very exciting get!

6 hours ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Wow! I really was concerned with recruiting once we fired Wilson and named Allen as the HC. To me, it was his biggest question mark. So far it doesn't really seem like recruiting has really dropped at all. In some cases, Allen has gotten more creative with the grad transfer route. Very exciting get!

Allen I think is already better. Yeah Wilson got us some attention and he got some great recruits...not saying he was bad by any means ...but the guy ran off so many big time QBs and other recruits we were afte and actually close to getting....basically the families didn’t like him and the kids ended up hating the one on ones with him. Let alone how he mis managed the roster (even if he was still here he left a lot of holes for this staff to fill....especially at Lb last class....OL is/was slim)....and for a QB guru with Bradford....he didn’t get sudfeld....what’s his face (litrell) did. Ran off lytle (QB) peters we had a good shot with (family friends)  he left a lot of big holes, luckily Allen and Co have done a great job and hopefully this is just the beginning. I’m fine if Purdue does great with recruiting it makes football relevant here in the whole state. If we can land Kirtz (NW probably), Cameron Williams (LB from merriville), Craig young, and Kiser (long shot ND and PU are leaders I’d say). Maybe OL from up north...I’d call that a win...Sampson James they are still in contact with. However we know they will hit Florida hard. 

22 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

Allen I think is already better. Yeah Wilson got us some attention and he got some great recruits...not saying he was bad by any means ...but the guy ran off so many big time QBs and other recruits we were afte and actually close to getting....basically the families didn’t like him and the kids ended up hating the one on ones with him. Let alone how he mis managed the roster (even if he was still here he left a lot of holes for this staff to fill....especially at Lb last class....OL is/was slim)....and for a QB guru with Bradford....he didn’t get sudfeld....what’s his face (litrell) did. Ran off lytle (QB) peters we had a good shot with (family friends)  he left a lot of big holes, luckily Allen and Co have done a great job and hopefully this is just the beginning. I’m fine if Purdue does great with recruiting it makes football relevant here in the whole state. If we can land Kirtz (NW probably), Cameron Williams (LB from merriville), Craig young, and Kiser (long shot ND and PU are leaders I’d say). Maybe OL from up north...I’d call that a win...Sampson James they are still in contact with. However we know they will hit Florida hard. 

Who’s the OL from up north? I think it’ll be interesting to see how the rest of this in-state class shakes out. As of now, I’d guess Kirtz goes to NW (unless Purdue lands Hunter Johnson which could sway his decision), Cameron Williams I think ends up at Purdue, Young at Purdue unless OSU really pushes for him, and Kiser I think is a toss up. A lot of people think ND but he has deep family ties to Purdue (his dad and uncles were athletes at Purdue) so I could see him ending up at Purdue. Justin Britt seems to be Iowa or Purdue right now. Larry Tracy not sure on that one and David Bell it'll be interesting to see what he does. I like Purdue’s chances there.