Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

Is it me or are the rankings of the Big Ten East schools too high?  I think the only legit ranking is OSU.  Maybe Michigan.  But both MSU and PSU are way too high.  At least for now.  Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Joe DeLow said:

So how does Indiana deal with Coke Gest being out the rest of the season? I think you put Reece Taylor in at RB and Penix starting at QB. Taylor then becomes the most dangerous player on offense with his speed. Being able to run the ball and catch passes. With Hale and Westbrook as big bodies on the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I thought Ramsey played well.  I don't see a reason to bench him for Penix at the moment.  The RB position is 4 deep.  So I don't think it's as bad as it might look.  I think folks like Brookins and Majette will have to step it up.  Scott and Walker will more than likely not be red shirted, unfortunately.  And by the end of the season Walker might be the guy.  And it looks like they're going get Taylor some touches as well.  Personally I don't think Taylor as a traditional RB.  I see him more as a slot/wing or wildcat.  A type of guy you want to make sure he gets the ball out in the open.  

12 hours ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Wasn't Pechac a highly rated recruit (4*?) too but left and then came back as a walk on?

Kinda, but there's a lot to his story.  I don't recall him going as high as 4*.  But I could be mistaken.  Regardless, I think I understand your point, there's another RB in the waiting if needed.  If that's not what you meant my apologies for misunderstanding you.

8 hours ago, Lebowski said:

Kinda, but there's a lot to his story.  I don't recall him going as high as 4*.  But I could be mistaken.  Regardless, I think I understand your point, there's another RB in the waiting if needed.  If that's not what you meant my apologies for misunderstanding you.

Yeah that's what I was insinuating was there's another rb who could find his way onto the field.

50 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Purdue just lost an instate recruit to IU and their dumbass fans are still chanting “IU Sucks” at their football game. Pathetic.

Didn’t realize Purdue lost a football recruit to IU. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

Arizona has a lot to look forward to in like 4 years once they discover how bad a coach Sumlin is. Dude can recruit with the best of them, won't produce anything,. So I guess the next coach will have plenty of talent to work with once Sumlin gets fired