Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jmsgws

Jordan Howard - Miami Dolphins

Playing in the snow at Soldiers Field where the Bears and 49ers have combined for a total of 10 passes in the first half, Howard scores his 4th TD of the season with the half winding down and the Bears lead 7-6.    In the first half he had 10 carries for 38 yds. and he recovered a fumble.

Bears (3-10) lose another one, this time to the Lions 20-17.  Howard with 86 yds. on 13 carries; longest run of 31 yds.; no TD's.  2 receptions for 24 yds., targeted 5 times.  Jordan now has 883 rushing yards for the season.

Tracy Porter with 3 solo tackles.

Baby, it's cold outside!

This Sunday's game between the Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers in Chicago's Solider Field could be among the coldest in NFL history.  According to the National Weather Service, game time temperature is expected to be 0 degrees. With winds of 10 to 15 MPH, the wind chill could be as low as minus 20. 

According to the NFL, there have been 11 games where the game time temperatures were at or below 0 degrees. Sunday's game would also mark the coldest game in Solider Field history.  Sunday's game would be the coldest regular season game since the Packers hosted the Los Angeles Raiders on Dec. 26, 1993.  To add insult to injury, Chicago is expecting a major winter storm this weekend. The area is expected to pick up 3-5 inches of snow this weekend. 

The record for the coldest NFL game in history was The Ice Bowl on Dec. 31, 1967 when temperatures in Green Bay's Lambeau Field was minus 13, and the wind chill was minus 48.

The man is a beast.  What an outstanding rookie season he is having.  Hope he gets serious consideration for ROY even though he's playing on an otherwise pathetic team.

It'll be Zeke. Or Dak. Which blows, but like you said I hope he gets considered at least.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We suck, but our rookie class is up there with Dallas. In between Floyd, Whitehair, and Howard I am very happy with where the rooks are. Add in Kwiatkowski, and our CBs drafted and undrafted and it was a good building year. Need another huge draft.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Bears lose 30-27 as the Packers kick a FG with time expiring.  Howard with 90 yds and 1 TD on 17 carries.  Caught all 4 passes thrown his way for 23 yds.  

Tracey Porter with 3 solo tackles.

My BIL went to the game. He's had season tix for as long as I've know him (20+ yrs). No way I'd want to be out in that weather for a game. He can call me a pansy all he wants but I'll take Lucas oil all day long!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The woeful Bears beaten by the Redskins 41-21 fall to 3-12 on the season but Jordan with another strong game.  119 yds. on 18 carries; 1 reception for 9 yds., targetted 3 times.  

Tracy Porter with 2 tackles.

I'd say it's pretty obvious he's entrenched himself as the long term starter at RB for da Bears. If they can shore up that o-line and add a capable QB (Romo?) that offense could be pretty darn good next year.

Very nice piece on Jodan from the Chicago Sun-Times and the 2 excerpts below should pique your interest. I’ll warn you in advance, the article is loaded with pop-up ads you have to deal with.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/is-rb-jordan-howard-the-bears-only-compelling-player-left/

Jordan Howard, the Bears’ running back, chased him down, dove and tripped Blackmon at the 9. In a year filled with mistakes, losses and spectacular injuries, the rookie proved, for the hundredth time this season, that he’s a rare Bears player worth watching.

With 61 rushing yards against the Vikings, Howard, who has 1,178 in 12 games, will pass Matt Forte for the most in franchise history for a rookie. His 18 rushes for 119 yards Saturday gave Howard his sixth 100-yard rushing game of the season, the most for any Bears rookie.