Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierReb01

Typical ESPN crapola

Our SOS was 62nd last year, back from 61 previously.  That was up drastically from 76th the year before that. 

But just a comparison of Lynch and Wilson(BTW I was wrong Wilson has played a slightly less laughable schedule than Lynch.  To lazy to dig out just the OoC games, perhaps thats the stat I had heard being easier compared to Lynch)

These are overall ranks of College Football(Didn't want to use raw numbers because changes offenses and defenses and what not

Wilson has had a 7 spot harder schedule than Lynch.  65.75 versus 72.75
Wilson has had a 8.75 spot better offense than Lynch.  63.5 versus 72.25
Lynch has a 23 spot better defense than Wilson.  80 versus 103
Lynch also won 4 more games, 1 more per year. 

So its pretty simple if Lynch wasn't good enough, then Wilson is far from good enough.  The one year we had a respectable offense it was at the cost of having the worst defense in Big Ten History.  And Wilson has yet to have a respectable defense to see what that would do to the offense.  Theres no progress when one side of the ball is a complete joke. 

Progress is consistently getting better each year.  Psst thats what Lynch did, yet as I already stated thats not good enough.

Have you actually followed the program, or do you just look at the wins/losses. Because the program has improved every year under Wilson, and one of the biggest reasons we didn't see a similar improvement in wins last year was again us playing a true freshman QB who clearly wasn't ready.

I do follow the program. And you really need to grab a dictionary and look up progress.

Lets see, we went from 1-11 to 4-8 (2-6 which is better than any conference record Lynch had outside of his first year following Hep) to 5-7 (3-5 which actually matches Lynch's best conference record). Then last year we again started a true freshman QB who wasn't ready, something you continue to not address. There has clearly been progress, you're just choosing to ignore it

Not to mention the defense made strides this past year.

I do follow the program. And you really need to grab a dictionary and look up progress.

Webster Dictionary: a movement toward a goal or to a further or higher stage

Example: The progress IU football has made in the last few years to change it's imagine has been solid.

It's not great, but it's not nearly as bad as you are trying to make it out to be.

Webster Dictionary: a movement toward a goal or to a further or higher stage

Example: The progress IU football has made in the last few years to change it's imagine has been solid.

It's not great, but it's not nearly as bad as you are trying to make it out to be.

Country of origin please.

Not sure why so many get upset with someone's prognosis of the IU football program for the coming year. What type of benchmark have we given them to pick us any higher than where that person has selected us? Like many I expect IU to improve enough to make a bowl game this year but I can see why someone might select us to finish dead last due to our history. I expect at least 7 wins. Even with a healthy Sudfeld, the offense regressed last year.

My hope is CW has learned from not having the backup QBs ready even if one was a true freshman. Other programs played true freshman QBs after experiencing an injury and some of those programs made it to bowl games. It was obvious Diamond was not given a package to run during practices in order to be prepared in the event the two ahead of him became injured. CW has to stop crossing his fingers and develop the backups. Even Covington looked loss and unprepared.    

I didn't say he had injury problems he had a certain QB that couldn't stop smoking weed long enough to get to the weight room though. 

And hate to break it to you guys the fact we didn't have the choice to throw the ball probably just kept our team on the field longer thus saving our defense from giving up even more yards. 

I didn't say he had injury problems he had a certain QB that couldn't stop smoking weed long enough to get to the weight room though. 

And hate to break it to you guys the fact we didn't have the choice to throw the ball probably just kept our team on the field longer thus saving our defense from giving up even more yards. 

You bring another point. The players under Kevin Wilson know what's expected of them and have bought into the program. Even though there has been a few incidents; the players have acted better on and off the field. Can you say that about Lynch's teams? That's the reason half of them left the program when Wilson came in. They were used to mediocrity and were okay with it.

Not sure why so many get upset with someone's prognosis of the IU football program for the coming year. What type of benchmark have we given them to pick us any higher than where that person has selected us? Like many I expect IU to improve enough to make a bowl game this year but I can see why someone might select us to finish dead last due to our history. I expect at least 7 wins. Even with a healthy Sudfeld, the offense regressed last year.

My hope is CW has learned from not having the backup QBs ready even if one was a true freshman. Other programs played true freshman QBs after experiencing an injury and some of those programs made it to bowl games. It was obvious Diamond was not given a package to run during practices in order to be prepared in the event the two ahead of him became injured. CW has to stop crossing his fingers and develop the backups. Even Covington looked loss and unprepared.    

I can agree with almost everything here.  The part I cannot is how you can see us being picked dead last.  I mean come on...Purdoo is still in the Big Ten.

I can agree with almost everything here.  The part I cannot is how you can see us being picked dead last.  I mean come on...Purdoo is still in the Big Ten.

I can honestly see how another person would pick us last due to our most recent and long term history. I agree Purdue should be ranked lower than IU and Purdue's last two seasons have been horrific. This particular article has IU one spot ahead of Purdue which isn't a very good endorsement of the IU program. Until we prove otherwise, some of the "professional prognosticators" will still look at IU as the doormat of the Big Ten program. As I mentioned in my previous post, I expect at least 7 wins out of IU this year and that will be far from being the doormat.  

"IU will pull an upset in league play and beat Purdue to punch its bowl ticket."

I wouldn't call beating Rutgers or Iowa at home an upset.

we pulled an upset last year, beat purdue, and lost to BG.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/118649/big-tens-way-too-early-power-rankings

No bowl for IU? 13th in the B1G power rankings? Yeah, somebody smoked their socks before they wrote their column.

IN YOUR FACE ESPN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!